Performing for a friend

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
I have a friend who likes watching magic, and once saw a magician visible change a card to his selection in front of him(not sure too much about the details, he didnt tell me alot.) From my limited knowledge, I have come to this conclusion: What he saw he believed was amazing and impossible, and so I should so him a trick that also has an "impossible" result, instead of a trick that makes me seem like I just have insane sleight of hand. Anyways, I want to show him a couple of tricks and I feel I should go for something thats completely different from what hes seen like the biddle trick or invisible reverse, 2 tricks that are really easy for me and are very strong and make it seem like something impossible happened. Do you guys agree with this? Or should I try and perform something similar to what he has seen?

Also, does anyone else feel that revealing the 4 aces at the end of Invisible reverse is kind of useless and migth give the spectator the impression that the deck was set up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Since he's not a magician, pretty much anything is "impossible" in his eyes unless you perform it in a way that highlights your sleight of hand. So pretty much go with any trick you want to do, he already likes watching magic so he'll enjoy it no matter what trick you do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results