Performing for the Reporter Herald (Newspaper)

Oct 14, 2007
Seattle
Hey everyone,

I don't post alot here but, I do read alot of post and I need your guys opionions and assistance.

So heres whats going to happen this friday. I will be performing in their business office and after that I will be interviewed with a couple answer and question type interview. My question to all of you is, what tricks would be visual appealing in still image photo? They will be taking tons of pictures during the performance and I want something that when caught in the moment of time will lead to many questions and exciting stories. I was thinking along the lines of a levitation or, I believe pressure would be a good bet to perform. Im going to keep my routine to about 4-5 tricks. Any ideas guys and gals?

Thanks,

Ryan

Nov 13, 2009
How about torn and restored newspaper. :) Seriously it would be cool. Other things that I would recomend would be the following,

Cups and Balls - They will look good in pictures and they get wonderful reactions.

Linking Rings - You can't beat them for great promo photos and if performed correctly linking rings is a very strong effect.

Levitation - A self levitation would be super cool but on a smaller scale levitating something like a dollar would make a stunning photo.

Sponge Balls - They are one of my work horse effects and they get great reactions which means great photos.

Hope that was helpful,

Thanks,

Christian

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2009
the x's on someone's hand during eXile look pretty cool (although it might be hard to see for a large crowd). also, the visual of someone holding a crushed bottle (Crush) by the cap with your hands around it looks cool too. just look at the images of the effects in the tricks section of the site.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
You should do what ever yu are comfortable doing. Have something special for the reporter as they will ask to see something. As for a good picture a blindfold is always good.

Oct 14, 2007
Seattle
Hey everyone,

I would like to thank you all for your contributions such as ideas for tommorows event. Funny thing happened though, they called me to do a quick photo shoot at a place I perform at twice a week called the cobra lounge. What happend during the night was they followed me around while I did some close up magic to other people in the facility. The reactions were amazing last night which should create some good "action shots" so to say. Alot of the photographers were interested in alot of he flourish and xcm displays so I did a private xcm show for them while they took a picture every two seconds caching alot of cool displays. Also one of the tricks that they were really interested in was branded (which is one of my favorite effects). They took tons of pictures of the blisters formed by th fire into the spectators card. They audience felt my pain as I burnt on the predictions. After the reactions simmered down the reporter asked what I call what just happened. I told her I called it "ouch" and got all of them laughing a my chessy joke (which I hardly use but helps wit audience interaction.) Overall the first night was amazing and cant wait for the bigger event this friday.

Thanks everyone again and sorry if I have some spelling or grammer errors, I am trying to write this before I head to work.

Ryan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results