Philadelphia - East Coast Magicians?

Well I have been reading your posts in other threads and to me you think very negatively towards many things here is a direct quote from your opinion of Daniel Madison's Change:

" 'Daniels video was designed to misguide people from the actual method'. What a bunch of bulls***!" -Webtech; Daniel Madison - Change (thread)

At first your comments bothered me a little, they made me re-do the site but after reading this I realize that you are just a negative person so it really doesn't bother me.

And you still haven't answered my questions.
Like I said, he's a pessimist.
Why are you being such an ass?

He can't help it, it's just how he is.

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
Well I have been reading your posts in other threads and to me you think very negatively towards many things here is a direct quote from your opinion of Daniel Madison's Change:

" 'Daniels video was designed to misguide people from the actual method'. What a bunch of bulls***!" -Webtech; Daniel Madison - Change (thread)

At first your comments bothered me a little, they made me re-do the site but after reading this I realize that you are just a negative person so it really doesn't bother me.

And you still haven't answered my questions.

Just because you quote me from a previous post still doesn't change the fact that it is obvious that you have no idea what you are doing when it comes to developing a site for magicians or anyone for that matter. Why would you send people to a site that isn't even 10 percent of the way completed? That is a mistake. It looks very amateurish and not thought out at all. You have several html pages that all say coming soon, no content on them whatsoever, a forum area that you just plug into your site and you think it's the greatest thing in the world! Morpheis, the site so far is poorly designed. If the site is a reflection of the developer then how can I as a magician be so sure that the information I send to you will be kept private and secure? What are your credentials as a web developer? Answer those questions!

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Just because you quote me from a previous post still doesn't change the fact that it is obvious that you have no idea what you are doing when it comes to developing a site for magicians or anyone for that matter. Why would you send people to a site that isn't even 10 percent of the way completed? That is a mistake. It looks very amateurish and not thought out at all. You have several html pages that all say coming soon, no content on them whatsoever, a forum area that you just plug into your site and you think it's the greatest thing in the world! Morpheis, the site so far is poorly designed. If the site is a reflection of the developer then how can I as a magician be so sure that the information I send to you will be kept private and secure? What are your credentials as a web developer? Answer those questions!

Well first off I never said that my site or forum was the greatest thing in the world, to me the forum isn't great at all but it will serve its purpose. Second the reason I sent people to the site is because I want to build a bigger team (that was the whole point of this thread was to get people to join phillymagic) and once that team is complete and we have a couple of more members the website will be finished, you said that there are several "coming soon..."
pages there are two of them (thats only one more than theory11 has *cough 'the wire' cough* :) ). And my credentials, I current go to Rensselaer for IT and a concentration in web technologies. And right now I am working for the summer as a web developer for Drexel University here is one of the websites that I am currently working on and I recently designed, right now I have to fix some of the bugs for Mozilla firefox but it works fine in Internet Explorer. And if you don't believe me, click on the page, hit Ctrl+A and look at the bottom left hand corner of the slideshow for my Initials 'WC,' ok?

http://www.drexel.edu/ia/annualfund/traditions/traditions_home.asp

And as for the privacy matter I ask for no secrets or private info unless a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) is signed between both parties. That is how magic businesses are run they are based upon trust, something you obviously don't have (I do not need to quote from this thread or other threads to prove this). Also the only info that anyone sends me for the ads is where they are from their name or stage name and some contact info usually an email adress, Oh and a paragraph or two describing their work and themselves a little. Nothing that can really be used to do anything wrong with. And NDAs are used when a magician would like to talk about his effects with me. Not everyone in this world is evil or out to do wrong. If you still are not in agreement with me then please do not post in this thread, but I do agree with one thing and that is that my website is not complete and that its not the prettiest thing in the world. But you must admit that it is an improvement on the previous design and instead of having "dead" links like before I have coming soon pages. I really want to stop this bickering between us, I have answered your questions hopefully that is enough to sway you into at least slightly accepting my idea or site or at least coming to a civil understanding of each other and possibly a friendly truce.

-Wilberto Casillas

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
Ok Wilberto, I looked at the Drexel site and the slideshow your trying to fix. First off, why don't you try to make a flash file for the slideshow, then you wouldn't have the bug issues like your having on Firefox. After viewing your source code it states where you got the javascript. Don't use that junk. Create your own code and designs. If you don't know how to do these things, then learn it. It is the hard way, but you'll be better off for it. When I was in school, (many eons ago) the webmaster had me help out on the school site also. I was not allowed to use outside source programs or wysiwyg's. Go and learn dotnet development. C# or VB. Get an asp dotnet & databases book for beginners. Wrox has a good set of books for this. Download Visual Studio Visual Webdeveloper 2008. It's free from MSDN. And then create your Philly site using these technologies.
P.S.
Truce accepted!

P.S.S.
You state on your site that there are no more magic shops in Philly anymore. Did Hocus Pocus on 5th by South St. close down?

Last edited by a moderator:

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
Hey webtech I sent you a PM. Well yes I used to work at Hocus Pocus on 4th and South Street (So did Dan White :) ) but the owner died a little bit before last Xmas and with him so did the last magic shop in Philadelphia. PhillyMagic.com was originally the online store for Hocus Pocus. His family left me the website so I figured I'd do something positive with the site for the area.

Last edited by a moderator:

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
I was born & raised in South Philly. I know the streets well! I now live many many miles away!!! But I still have a huge amount of friends there so watch your step Wilberto!!! :) (mods this is only a joke, no intended threat here)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results