Photokinesis and Imposter

Apr 11, 2012
Hey guys. I have now decided to ask what you think of the effects I have came up with a few months back called Imposter and Photokinesis. Tell me what you think!

Photokinesis A random card is selected and lost into the deck. The jokers are then displayed and the card jumps in between them. But it's not enough. The magician pulls out his phone and displays a picture of two face down cards. He then rubs the image and the spectators card is now between the face down cards in the image. I also teach one other effect like it as a bonus that I will not detail.

Imposter A deck of cards is displayed along with two different color cards. The different color cards are jokers. The two cards are lost into the deck and the deck is cut several times. The spectator then chooses a card and it is placed back in the deck. The magician spreads through the cards to see that the two other color cards have surrounded one card. The card is shown to be the spectators card. the different cards are then flipped over to show that they have actually changed into the same number or letter card but are the opposite color. The deck is then shown to have no more different color cards.

These are the effects. Please leave your suggestions and feedback on them and I will be sure to check often. Thanks

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Read my and Rick's response to your thread on running out of ideas.

Photokinesis A random card is selected and lost into the deck. The jokers are then displayed and the card jumps in between them. But it's not enough. The magician pulls out his phone and displays a picture of two face down cards. He then rubs the image and the spectators card is now between the face down cards in the image.

I can see you are thinking which is good. However, this seems like you are putting two reveals together. A basic sandwich effect is essentially a reveal and then you have a second reveal on a phone. The first part of the effect can be done in a number ways. However, the idea of the magician not being satisfied isn't enough to justify using the phone. Now if you could have the spectator holding the jokers from the beginning, show the reveal on the phone, spread through the deck to show that their card is missing and then have the spectator spread the jokers to show their card -- that would be cool.

Imposter A deck of cards is displayed along with two different color cards. The different color cards are jokers. The two cards are lost into the deck and the deck is cut several times. The spectator then chooses a card and it is placed back in the deck. The magician spreads through the cards to see that the two other color cards have surrounded one card. The card is shown to be the spectators card. the different cards are then flipped over to show that they have actually changed into the same number or letter card but are the opposite color. The deck is then shown to have no more different color cards.

That is a pretty good effect, but it's value will be dependent on the method. That is, there are ways I can come up with for doing this that are less than satisfying in that they involve too much handling. Also, why use the mates for the cards, rather than just the identical cards from the different colored deck? If it was truly magic, that is what would happen -- the jokers change into the selected card.

One final note, have you performed these effects for real people? A hundred times? It's just me, but if anyone tries to sell something it should be field tested. That tells me that it is worthwhile because the magician selling it has been using it and that they wouldn't be using it if it didn't work.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hey guys. I have now decided to ask what you think of the effects I have came up with a few months back called Imposter and Photokinesis. Tell me what you think!

Photokinesis A random card is selected and lost into the deck. The jokers are then displayed and the card jumps in between them. But it's not enough. The magician pulls out his phone and displays a picture of two face down cards. He then rubs the image and the spectators card is now between the face down cards in the image. I also teach one other effect like it as a bonus that I will not detail.

These are the effects. Please leave your suggestions and feedback on them and I will be sure to check often. Thanks

The second one sounds a lot like "Search and destroy" regardless of the final reveal...also...they sound a little too complicated....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results