Playing cards?

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Hello everyone.

Im going to order some decks of cards, because where i live normal Bicycles costs around 12 dollars so i might as well pick upp some decks online.

Do you have any recommendations? I dont care much for the looks of the cards, just the ones wich handles the best.

Have anyone used the ones sold at Dananddave? The steamboats and the aladins?

Dec 30, 2007
Hello everyone.

Im going to order some decks of cards, because where i live normal Bicycles costs around 12 dollars so i might as well pick upp some decks online.

Do you have any recommendations? I dont care much for the looks of the cards, just the ones wich handles the best.

Have anyone used the ones sold at Dananddave? The steamboats and the aladins?

Look into Arrcos, also on Dan and Dave, they are supposedly excellent. Aladdins are good too. I don't know much about Steamboats, though.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Does anyone know if Steamboats are any good?

I want a thin deck, i did try some guardians as well as some Ellusionist decks but i think they are to thick.

sinjin7

Elite Member
Apr 19, 2008
Go with the Tally Hos. There is a seller named fullboatdealer on eBay that sells Q1 Tallys for $22.50 a dozen and he has the most fair shipping rates. Fantastic all round performance for magic and flourishing.

I love Steamboats, they are thin and fan effortlessly. They have a full-bleed back design (no border) so they may not be the best for magic, but great for flourishing.

There are 3 types of Aladdins: 1) newer Aladdins with an air-flow finish, 2) original Aladdins with a smooth finish, and 3) original Aladdins with gold gilded edges. Aladdins are some of the stiffest and longest lasting decks I have ever used, but that may be the only positive thing I can say for them. The air-flow finished Aladdins are just average at best. The smooth finish original Aladdins fan terribly. The gold edged Aladdins look a little cool at first, but the gold edges eventually wear off and these cards will not fan at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
Wow! 12 dollars for deck of Bicycles?? Im curious.... where do you live, cause where I live, normal Bicycles cost about $2.50.

As for which deck, I would go with Arrcos. I don't have own them personally, but a relative of mine says they are superb.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Wow! 12 dollars for deck of Bicycles?? Im curious.... where do you live, cause where I live, normal Bicycles cost about $2.50.

As for which deck, I would go with Arrcos. I don't have own them personally, but a relative of mine says they are superb.

Bikes cost 10 in Australia, I guess the further down south/ further away from America the more expensive it is. He probably lives in New Zealand or something.

In response to this thread. I normally use Tally Ho9's.
EBay seller fullboatdealer sells tallys for cheap. I received my brick of 12 today and I am completely satisfied.
Total cost was roughly $33 US for 12 decks with shipping included. = $3 a deck...much saved from the $10 tallys they sell in shops.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results