Please Help - Cards Are Warping

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Hey guys, I just recently I bought alot of decks and i stacked them all up in my room They were Straight and flat when i bought them and then about a few weeks later i open a new deck and i notice that its slightly warped. It sucked, I flip the top portion of the deck over and i see a Huge Gap. what do i do? I think it might be because all my decks are in my room and its like 78-79 degrees in my room so just tonight i put all my decks in the basement where the basement is 69 degrees. I'm praying that will help. The reason i hate this kind of warp so much is i can't preform some sandwich tricks and i cant do a good shape shifter and the pass is not good and so many other things. I could tell because even old decks had that Same warp.
Can anyone help?

Jul 19, 2009
agreed with chris. invest in a proper clip. very handy. or just put them under some heavy books.

-M.

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Heavy hard back books, at least 24 hours. Works every time for me. $30 card clip will be a great investment in the long run because you will replace your decks less frequently.

Jun 22, 2009
Once they warp they dont loose their shape. You need to do some springs and shuffles to get them into a better condition. Consider it a lesson learned.

Sep 28, 2009
I have had the same issue with decks I've just recently purchased, most annoyed that a gaff deck suffered the same fate, personally i put it down to moisture in the air as i live in a garage that's not properly sealed or insulated, was planning on using heavy books to right them, thought maybe putting the cards into smaller piles may help increase the 'repair rate'??

Jul 13, 2009
I second the book idea, I usually place the a heavy hard back book over the deck of cards and place it underneath one of the bed legs and leave it for about two days.

just play with them a bit.
but you could put them under some heavy books if you want.
invest in a porper card clip, that will help keep them flat
good luck with that!
yeah what he said.....lol...yeah he's right though....do that...also cards aren't meant to be in warm tempatures...i live in mississippi and when the sun is out, they warp and turn all soggy like. even when you have sweaty like hands they'll do the same...keep them at cooler tempatures. thats the worst thing about street magic. when they are hot, they warp. thats why i do my magic in buildings and stuff. i hate when they warp and turn all soggy like...

May 18, 2008
All I have to say is my cards did the same thing. I came back, and my unopened pack of Brown Wynn's signed by Andrei Jikh and Jonathan Bayme were all warped...

But it fixed itself the next day. My cards do that; they will be fine, then not, then warped, then not.

I don't know, the book thing has never worked for me, and that freezer thing sounds like it would warp them more.

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
i tried the freezer thing and it was just cold LOL
and warped so i had to play with them and let them warm up a little then they went back to normal

Or sometimes i put a sender block on top of the deck makes it a little better

Sep 26, 2009
I use a large container called a game box. It works great and a really good one is only about ten twenty dollars. A lot cheaper than buying a card clip. No warping, period.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results