Poster: Magician For Hire

Im trying to design a poster to hang around for a Magician for Hire. Like for shows and etc.
I am not sure how to make the poster. Like if i should have pull tabs at the bottom for people to take, or make it flashy, or like an old style of magic poster.
anyone have any examples or ideas? it will be greatly appreciated

May 31, 2008
I like the idea of an old-style magic poster, but that would need a lot of ink, thus a lot of money.

I've been using the word "thus" a lot lately. Look at my recent posts, you'll see.

If you have a Mac and you have Pages '09 then check out the "Movie Poster" template. It's under the "Posters" category. Just get a nice picture of yourself or something that relates to your show and use that in the template. It's a very nice and modern theme. Like "daveygs magic" said, this would require a lot of ink though. But if you think about it, it might be worth it because it is much more eye catching which means more people see it which means more people come to your show. If you know how to use Photoshop well, then make something using that. Hope this helps!

I just noticed so many magicians are into graphic design.'

~IIAnnexII

Oct 24, 2007
I like the idea of an old-style magic poster, but that would need a lot of ink, thus a lot of money.

I've been using the word "thus" a lot lately. Look at my recent posts, you'll see.

It's a good word. Ha ha.

Anyway, it depends chriswiehl. How much are you willing to pay?

An old style poster would be pretty sweet. You would have to have contact information on it or some nice pull tabs at the bottom. I like the idea of the pull tab, that way people can definitely have your contact information on them.

Or, if you aren't willing to spend much, just make a nice two color or three color poster and print it out on some home copy paper.

If you want a really nice poster, then I would suggest getting it printed at a local printers or from an online printer. I've done business with THIS company in the past and they were great. Fast printing, good quality, great prices, and super quick shipping. HERE is the link for their posters.

So, as I've said throughout this response, it depends on how much you want to spend. ;) Peace!

Tyler

If you are looking to just "hang" it around your town on light poles or what not, FIRST check with your City Hall to see if it's legal.

Some cities, such as Burbank, CA, consider it littering and will fine you anywhere from $200 + a poster.

If you are going to hang them in local businesses (provided they say it's okay) then you should be fine with going to Kinko's or Staples and getting a colour print add done. You can design it at home to save money. I'd only do this if you're planning on printing a small supply.

If you are going to print in bulk, do black and white.

Your poster should have your promotional picture on it. I would recomend it be a high deffenition head shot. It doesn't have to be of you doing something, but it never hurts to have a pose that says "Magician". Usually levetating or burning something does that well.

Your title should be something short, sweety, and catchy. Expert Illusionist, or Magician For Hire! It should convey quickly who, and what you are, and what you do.

The title, and your contact number should be the largest print items on the poster.

Your poster should include your best acreditations, or testimonies. Such as "As seen at The Magic Castle."

Your Poster should be uniformed in colour. Headline and Contact Number should be one colour, body text and quotes, one colour. Your name, a third colour (if you want.)

No More Than Three Colours PERIOD!

No more than two fonts. Headline and contact number is one font, body text is another.

Don't do pull tabs, they are so cheap. It lacks class.

DON'T ADVERTISE A PRICE! Make them contact you for a quote.

NEVER GIVE A QUOTE! Always ask them for their budget. Ask that question 5 diffrent ways if need be.

IE: "How much did you pay the last magician?"
"Do you have a budget for this show?"
"How much did you plan on spending for your event's entertainment?"
"Have you ever booked a magician before?"
"If I quoted you at X.XX$ would that be too expensive for you?"

Also, always quote higher than you expect to get paid. That way you have room to flex without cutting your own throat.

Hope that helps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results