Potental Reveal

Apr 16, 2009
Chicago
I'm in high school, and we're getting our class rings soon. One of the options we have for it is to have our signature transferred onto the inside of the band. I'm thinking of putting a card and/or mentalism-based reveal with my signature. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
K

Apr 1, 2009
California
let's actually invest some thought into this. This is your class ring, something you'll take with you throughout a good portion of your life. Would you really want something like "3 Of Hearts" on the inside. It's sort of like a tattoo... what if you grow out of magic for instance. Now, you can still do a mentalism sort of reveal here, and the idea is intriguing. Maybe have a word that means something to you engraved into it, force the word through whatever technique, and reveal it in whatever fashion from there.

that might be cool.
i dont have a ring. and its not like a tatoo at all. i actually am glad im not in highschool anymore.
but its all up to you. not like anyone is really gonna see the inside fo the band. so its kinda like a tattoo in the inside of your mouth, or the bottom of your foot. its not a huge deal.
but i would maybe do something like that.
my friend got an ipod with a card etched on the back

Apr 16, 2009
Chicago
let's actually invest some thought into this. This is your class ring, something you'll take with you throughout a good portion of your life. Would you really want something like "3 Of Hearts" on the inside. It's sort of like a tattoo... what if you grow out of magic for instance. Now, you can still do a mentalism sort of reveal here, and the idea is intriguing. Maybe have a word that means something to you engraved into it, force the word through whatever technique, and reveal it in whatever fashion from there.
I understand the concern about the permanence. However, the ring company has a one-time exchange policy for cases of that nature. Then again, the mentalism sounds like a better idea anyway.
E s p n o w v i p
I can't tell what you're trying to say, can you elaborate please?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
e s p u o w v i p

E=3

p=d
i=i
v=a
w=m
o=o
u=n
p=d
s=s

Inferno Kaiser

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Indeed...This one was also featured in the book Paralies, which is a great read and recommend checking it out,

e s p n o w v i p: "A hidden-in-plain-sight prediction of a mentally chosen playing card, which can serve as a revelation, a means of subconscious influence, or both. Can be performed in virtually any situation, large or small, in person, over the phone, on the air, or online."

Inferno Kaiser

Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
i dunno about anyone else, but who gives a f*** about their class ring from hs? trust me in 2 years you wont be thinking about hs. If the ring does mean something, then that is a sign that you probably dont want to put the prediction in there.

dont get me wrong, i had a blast in hs, but your college diploma will feel much more satisfying than a class ring.

i dunno about anyone else, but who gives a f*** about their class ring from hs? trust me in 2 years you wont be thinking about hs. If the ring does mean something, then that is a sign that you probably dont want to put the prediction in there.

dont get me wrong, i had a blast in hs, but your college diploma will feel much more satisfying than a class ring.

Your choice of vocabulary aside, I think you have a very narrow point of view with regard to the situation.

Baring any membership to any elite, or secret organizations, you will only ever possess in your life 3 rings that will ever mean something of value.

While it may be argued with mild success that you won't think much about HS after two, four, or even ten years post graduation, the ring will be symbolic of your time in the educational system. Twelve of the most influential years of your life isn't something most people just hawk. It will stay with you, and eventually hold nastalgic value.

A marrage band, Your College ring, and your HS class ring. It's an heirloom, and something that can and often is passed on from one generation to the next.

I think it is indeed a novel idea to have a reveal on your ring, however I think that the reveal is something like a tattoo. It should be personal, thought out well in advance and mean something to the owner. To simplify this further, I think any input from this forum here is moot.

Indeed...This one was also featured in the book Paralies, which is a great read and recommend checking it out,

e s p n o w v i p: "A hidden-in-plain-sight prediction of a mentally chosen playing card, which can serve as a revelation, a means of subconscious influence, or both. Can be performed in virtually any situation, large or small, in person, over the phone, on the air, or online."

Inferno Kaiser

I use stuff from ParaLies everyday. It's such a great book; in my opinion, it has some of the most definitive word on equivoque available today. Joshua Quinn's a very creative thinker in contemporary mentalism.

And for those screwing up the revelation-- it's case-sensitive! It's supposed to be E S P N O W V I P. Over at Penguin, there's actually a podcast performance of Joshua detailing the specifics of his book and performing this very piece for a stranger over the phone. it's an entertaining listen for sure.

With regards to the class ring, I wouldn't recommend tarnish it with a trivial revelation for a magic trick. As Draven pointed out, it (should) hold some significant sentimental value for you. Personally, I keep mine in a small cigar box filled with other sentimental knick-knacks I acquired over the years, and while I don't regularly wear it, it's still very, very important to me. I'd be weary to engrave anything into it that wasn't 100% part of me.

RS.

that might be cool.

but its all up to you. not like anyone is really gonna see the inside fo the band. so its kinda like a tattoo in the inside of your mouth, or the bottom of your foot. its not a huge deal.

this is kind of a bad way of thinking about tattoos that cannot be seen. It should matter even if no one will ever see a tattoo you get doesn't mean you can get any random crap. The way I see it is that you should get something which means
something to you even if no one will ever see it because you know its there and you should feel satisfied with what you have.

so it is a huge deal, get something which has meaning.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results