Preparing A Mentalism Show

Aug 10, 2008
Honduras
Hey everyone. :D I'm having my first mentalism show on June. And I'm trying to prepare my patter and my material for it. I'm looking forward to presenting Banachek's PreThoughts along with some other effects from Cassidy's Mental Miracles. Does anyone of you have any suggestions on showmanship or on which material to present? If anyone of you already has experience with mentalism performances any advice will do me good ;) Thanks for your time everyone, I hope you have a great and enjoyable day.

"...follow your bliss... "

Jul 13, 2008
Athens, Georgia
are you relatively new to mentalism?? If so, i would strongly recommend 13 steps to mentalism by corinda. It is literally the mentalism bible! haha. It has great routines for mentalism on stage, and close up. Banachek's work is excellent, I watched bob cassidy's dvd a while back and can't remember much of it. But I think there was some pretty good material on that dvd. Hope that helps!!

Sep 1, 2007
If you're presenting material from Pre-Thoughts, then I would keep the theme of the show grounded in the concept of precognizance. If you have to deviate from the formula, you need to have a damn good reason.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I did a one hour mentalism show (on my youtube) about 3 months ago.
i found that the best way to organize a show is to make everything flow. I have seen so many talent show videos and performances where they are just segregated random tricks which have no connection what so ever. It just does a trick, stops, another trick, stops, another trick. You want to have an on going theme with a flowing patter. I chose mind power and mind over matter as my theme. Having a theme helps everything alot. The tricks may not relate at all, but as long as you can connect the patter to what yorue doing, then its good.

Oct 11, 2008
I think sciffy hit pretty much exactly what I wanted to say. Make sure everything is connected and flows well.

May 31, 2008
When a bible is not around, thirteen steps to mentalism can be used as a substitute to swear someone into office.

Jokes aside. Just make sure that the show flows together well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results