Putting the cards down.

We'll guys it's been long time coming. It wasn't an easy decision but I decided to put magic on a hold to pursue other things in life. I had a real hard time coming to this decision since Ive been practicing this art since I was thirteen so almost 19 yrs now and I think I need to move out of the way and let the new talent in. Either way Ill check back time to time to chat with you guys but my road ends here. Thanks for the support guys its been a long run.

Shane

Wow on my 800th post too,..strange.

Aug 31, 2007
These posts are annoying. Makes it sound like an addiction. I think this should say. "Farewell i'm not going to be on the internet anymore because its ruining my life"

Internet addiction is one thing... but magic... come'on!

Enjoy life man, hope you find a new addiction that doesn't interfere with life.

Sypris - w0000sh!

How unfortunate it is to loose another magician. But, let me ask you something seriosly... Do you honestly think that you won't be performing anymore. Sypris is somewhat right. Magic is an addiction. And if you think you put the cards away for good well that's not going to happen. To use a line from the Godfather "Once you think your out, they pull you back in."

Do not quit magic just because there are other things going on in life. Simply, put those other things before magic. And at soempoint if you happen to have money to burn or time to spare then learn a new trick or practice your old ones.

Dylan P.

These posts are annoying. Makes it sound like an addiction. I think this should say. "Farewell i'm not going to be on the internet anymore because its ruining my life"

Internet addiction is one thing... but magic... come'on!

Enjoy life man, hope you find a new addiction that doesn't interfere with life.

Sypris - w0000sh!

Hey whoa there buddy Im not trying to annoy you just giving a heads up to some of my friends on this site. You know whats annoying to me is half the crap I hear from people like you. Get over it if certain threads annoy you and have a little respect for people. Point taken.

Aug 31, 2007
I have respect for everyone here.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Shane,

Thanks for all you have contributed. I've seen you help a lot of people out.

I repsect your decision for whatever the reason. Theres been times in my life when I had to magic on the shelf to get other things accomplished but thankfully its always managed to creep its way back.

Good luck with your endeavors and dont keep the cards to far away, you never know when those hands will start getting itchy.

That would be crazy having a 12 step. But the other love in my life is music actually. The fact is Ill never quit magic for good it always comes back to me but I am stopping for a while for respect of the art. Im a guy who has always prided himself on presentation and originality latlely when I perform I have been more frustrated with my audience which in turn tells me Im getting a little burned out. I respect the art too much to stain it. In my neck of the woods Im very well known but Im known as the magic guy literally my nick name is magic here and Ive somewhat allowed the dancing monkey syndrome happen and its taken what I love out of the art. So I figured putting the cards down and pursuing music again will give that edge back that I need to be a great performer again. I intend to make notes on all my ideas and maybe I have a great collaboration of ideas in a year or so not stirred or swayed by the magic machine. Either way it feels like the right thing to do right now.

Shane

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results