Questions about close-up pad storage

Oct 13, 2008
OK, so I got some useful info from the previous discussion as depicted in the link, so I have another question.

Actually three; you see, I have come to store my pads rolled up in my case. I would roll them so that the felt was face-out and then when that was done, secure it by rolling a bandana around it (yet another use for those things ;)) I just wonder, is that a bad thing to do? I am using Apollo pads from Sterling magic.

Another question is, I noticed that the felt sometimes peels off in certain places (especially after rolling). I wonder what pads are most resistant to this tendency; would the VDF or Trevor Duffy pads be resistant to peeling?

Finally, what would be the best way to repair this sort of thing? It usually manifests as small bubble-like portions where the resin does not work properly. So far, I use spray adhesive and cyanoacrylate superglue (the latter does not work as smoothly as I'd like).

What say you?

Jan 26, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Rolling with felt out is the suggested method for storing most pads, and I've never had the problem of the felt peeling (guess I'm lucky). I'm not certain, but you might be able to contact the folks at Sterling magic and see what they suggest (as far as repairs go). Also, if you happen to be a magiccafe member, there are plenty of helpful folks who know all about making closeup pads, and the types of glues to use.

Cheers!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results