Reputation Makers: What's Yours?

Everyone has their pet tricks. You know the ones that you love to perform for just about anyone? The kind that you really are known for.

Teller has his Shadows (among others), Copperfield has Flying (among others) etc etc etc.

So what is your reputation making tricks?

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Any trick can be a "reputation maker".

My favorite tricks to perform:

-CFB: A signed, selected card is visibly placed in the middle of the deck, which is placed inside the card box. The performer then shakes the box, and the selected card has penetrated the card box and come to the performer's hand, spectator's hand, table, etc.

-The Garden Path: Spectator A picks a card, signs it. It is placed face-down on the table/ground/etc (underneath an object/shoe/etc). Spectator B picks a card, and it is placed in the same manner as the first card, several feet away. The performer, through actions rather difficult to sanely explain in text, reveals that the two cards have changed positions. Yes, this is a transposition effect... What makes it so special, you ask? Well, for one, I created it. And secondly, it uses no duplicates whatsoever. The selected cards can literally be placed ANYWHERE.

Those would be two of my favorite tricks to perform.

Ben

edit:
I forgot possibly my hardest hitting, favorite effect:

-resTORE: torn and restored card. signed card. handed out for inspection mid-trick. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 24, 2008
Greece
What's a Vernon? Is it a sort of thumb tip?

No no no my friend you are totally wrong! Vernon is Brad Christian's signature effect and it is going to be released .....sometime.I saw him perform that once......awesome!! :D:D

On a serious note i am mostly known for d+M effects.
-Lapse
- effects from BURN
-angle zero
-Trip
-A sandwich routine i came up with
-5speed
- And DG's Warning
I know they are a lot but i have been performing a lot recently
I have been using those a lot recently though the ones that i really enjoy performing are the ones i do rarely. Such as d+M's 180,Brown's Zamiel's Rose ,3 card routine and invisible deal,etc

Nov 10, 2007
I totally forgot about this the trick that gone me known in my school was the first trick I ever did which is here then there.

lols. Anyone heard of anything outside of Theory11 and E? Just wondering.

Lol, I have :p

I've been using a trick called Satan's Ashes for about 10 years. Spectator selects a card and writes it down on a piece of paper. He or she then burns the paper until there is nothing left but ashes. The Magician then rubs said ashes on his arm, thus revealing the card in an eerie manner. Gets awesome reactions, and it's pretty much what I've been known for since I was 9 :p

EDIT: I'm sure this effect has had many different names. I found it in a book called "Magic with Cards" by Garcia and Schindler

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results