Reversing the bottom card

Mar 9, 2008
Does anyone know how to reverse the bottom card. I know the usual half pass but i can't seem to do it smoothly. Is there any other way to reverse the bottom card which seem undetectable?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
There are several highly advisable and easy yet deceitful method in Royal Road to Card Magic. I also have a pdf by David Misner called the Inversion Theory, which teaches quite a few sly methods for inverting cards. Definately good advice ;)

Nov 30, 2007
There is a move called the Mechanical Reverse but I am not sure where to find it. I think it reverses the bottom card. One option that I mostly do is just flip the card under cover of the deck while using slight misdirection. Misdirection helps solve a lot of problems if you are good at it.

Oct 5, 2008
Almada, Portugal
well ... i know a way but it's hard to explain
you can find some good ways in Crash Course 1(beginers card magic) and Crash Course 2 (ACR and other moves)

hope that can help

Jot@

Oct 27, 2008
leg assisted card reversal

A method I've used (and still do) Is a leg assisted reversal.

Basically, just hold the deck face up in standard dealing position. With your thumb, push the top card (which is really the bottom card because the deck is face up) off the deck about a quarter to a half inch. During a distracting motion or patter, drop your hand to your side and in doing so, let the protruding card swipe against your leg. Allow it to pivot around your thumb from the motion of swiping it against your leg as your drop your hand. The card is now face down on top of the face up deck. you can readjust the pack in your hand and square it up as you bring it back to normal dealing height.

Hope that helps. Practice makes perfect.

Oct 27, 2008
Good point. But eventually you get to that point where you've practiced it basically right long enough that you know what you're doing wrong and can fix it.

Nov 10, 2007
I just bring it to the top and then perform a cardini change which reverses the card at the bottom. Also like someone else said just practice it to you get half pass smooth:)

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
There are several highly advisable and easy yet deceitful method in Royal Road to Card Magic. I also have a pdf by David Misner called the Inversion Theory, which teaches quite a few sly methods for inverting cards. Definately good advice ;)

Haha thanks for the reference. Yes, I do teach a method to reverse a card on the bottom. In its simplest form it is a reverse half pass. I can't explain it here, but it's a lot easier than a normal half pass in my opinion.

If you have the card on top of the deck, I prefer to use an Ego/ Cardini Change, or a Mechanical Reversal. Braue Reversals are excellent to use in quick situations, but they are dead giveaways to magician.

Really, it all comes down to how much you are willing to practice. If you can truly perfect the half pass, then you have a killer sleight on your hands.

David

Sep 3, 2007
Haha thanks for the reference. Yes, I do teach a method to reverse a card on the bottom. In its simplest form it is a reverse half pass. I can't explain it here, but it's a lot easier than a normal half pass in my opinion.

Maybe something similar to what I read in Hollingworth's (sp) book, Nice work!

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I am an absolute move monkey (or 'sleight whore', if you'd prefer to use Dee's description of me!), so i cannot advocate learning a good half pass more, you really should have it at your disposal.
However, that said, I do perform a modified EGO change to revers my card at the bottom, and have found that it is indeed my favored way of completing the action.
It is, for my purposes, far more clean and alot smoother than performing a half pass.

However, for the sake of being complete, my favored half pass is the christ twist.

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results