Review :: Andrei Jikh's Backpack 1-on-1

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys, I saw the 1on1 and new I had to buy it.... so I did.

Quality
Must I do this every time? Crystal clear picture, HD, blah blah blah... you get the idea.

10/10

Teaching
Excellent. Andrei goes over every detail you need to know. He also talks about how the cut isn't too difficult, but it may be hard because there is nothing else like it.

9/10

Difficulty
The cut is pretty knacky. It feels weird on the back of your hand at first, but that goes away pretty quickly. A large thumb is helpful for this as well. Although you may be able to get it down with smaller hands, larger fingers are recommended.

5/10

Overall
This was a great 1 on 1 to purchase. It's cheap, and totally worth it. The Backpack is truly original and I give mad props to Andrei for coming up with something so original. It's hard to do that nowadays. All in all, buy it, you won't be disappointed.

9/10

David

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Most likely. I can't see how large hands would interfere with this cut. The only time it would be really helpful to have large hands is where you riffle the pack and slide half of it over.

David

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
haha, i love how you say 'big hands are recommended', as if you can go out and buy a bigger pair :p

its like recommending new ears, :D

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
This is one of those moves that I just had to challenge myself to learn. It looks crazy cool, it's highly original, and it's just different. I loved it.

Internally here at theory11, some of us had a little informal competition on Saturday Night to see who could learn it (successfully) first. I kind of had an unfair advantage with Andrei giving me tips, so I'd have to say that in complete fairness, CK won. If anyone out there wants to take the crown for third place, post a vid.

DavidM, let's see it... ;)

J

Jake Samways

Backpack is my lover, Andrei thank you!

One thing to add, Andrei does teach it on the back of his right hand. So maybe I'm just weird but I automatically went to do it on the back of my left hand, but he can do Backpack on both hands as you see on the advanced applications section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 31, 2008
Here is my quick video JB:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTtIoIvY2Ts

I actually made this video saturday night.

You didn't buy the 1 on 1 did you lol. It's not that hard, just different, you have to move your fingers in a different way than most are used to, I learned this a LONG while ago and can do it in both hands, so go figure if I learned it in two days from watching the'me, then I'd hope you guys can learn it sooner from watching the 1 on 1 lol....

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
This is one of those moves that I just had to challenge myself to learn. It looks crazy cool, it's highly original, and it's just different. I loved it.

Internally here at theory11, some of us had a little informal competition on Saturday Night to see who could learn it (successfully) first. I kind of had an unfair advantage with Andrei giving me tips, so I'd have to say that in complete fairness, CK won. If anyone out there wants to take the crown for third place, post a vid.

Hey, i just wanna ask 2 things. One, does andrei do the backpack in his right hand cuz hes left handed? or is it supposed to be done in the right hand? And two, wat other 1 on 1s are we expecting from andrei? I just wanna know so i can save up my money.

Jan 27, 2008

Haha Andrei said you guys cheated at first.

Well this is the first one on one I'd be willing to buy, I thought it was fantastic. WHEN are you guys gonna get paypal?

"This joins Ace Cut, inFlight and Crunk by daniel+Madison, as well as Triple Shuffle and Static by Joel Paschall as the 1-on-1's added in the past month alone."
I don't think that those things should mentioned in the same sentence as backpack, let alone the same post.

Hey, i just wanna ask 2 things. One, does andrei do the backpack in his right hand cuz hes left handed? or is it supposed to be done in the right hand? And two, wat other 1 on 1s are we expecting from andrei? I just wanna know so i can save up my money.

Q1:He can do it in both hands.
Q2:who knows.

@Darian. LOL I didn't buy the 1on1 but I asked permission to learn it about the same time you did.;) (When I made that Viereck video)
Im buying it anyways though. Just for respect.:)

@Jonathan Bayme: Do I get third place or what? =P

Jan 31, 2008
Q1:He can do it in both hands.
Q2:who knows.

@Darian. LOL I didn't buy the 1on1 but I asked permission to learn it about the same time you did.;) (When I made that Viereck video)
Im buying it anyways though. Just for respect.:)

@Jonathan Bayme: Do I get third place or what? =P

Yup, and as a prize you get your choice of triple shuffle or static LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007

Great! You could of used it in the flourish battle with me, but I guess no one likes to lose.:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results