Dec 22, 2007
can someone give me a good routine or routines with these card tricks?:

triumph
2 card monte
here then there
ACR
Biddle trick
Quick as a wink
Card in the hand(or a color change to the selection)

help me....... please........

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Here Then There is a pretty good opener. Quick, visual and it gets people in. It's sorta similar to 2CM so perhaps interchange them as an opener, depending on your mood/audience.

The rest of the effects, I'm not sure.. it's all so.. mushy. LOL.

Dec 22, 2007
yea i use those 2 tricks as openers, because they require setup. should i make 2 separate routines er just one??????????

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I agree with here and there or two card monte as an opener.
Then probably the biddle trick as its quick and powerful.
A good acr with no more then 4 or 5 phases and make sure they are different.
For example;
1. Bluff pass card is on top.
2. Tillt card is on top for a second time.
3. In that reaction misdirection top change to a variation on here and there.
4. Either a bluff pass or place the card on top with a few false cuts to show an indifferent card then change it into their card. (Basically get the card into place for whatever colour change you are planing to use.)
5. Either fallen or shifty to "show" how you are doing the move.
Finish with triumph if you have a really clean looking version for some reason I am not really a fan of the sloppy shuffle version.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I would start with Be Honest, What Is It (mistakingly often referred as Two Card Monte).
Then the audience is interested, and ready for some longer routine. For example, Ambitious Card. Dai Vernon's Triumph is a strong closer.

I'm not familiar with other names on your list, but I think those make a good routine.

Dec 22, 2007
i made a routine i like, tell me wat you think:

1) Here then there or 2 card monte
2) Biddle Trick or Quick as a wink
3) ACR- 3 phases
4) triumph(im not sure if thats a good closer though)

Dec 22, 2007
i can do sloppy shuffle or a faro shuffle one. sloppy shuffle gets good reactions for me though. idk about you. i dont like the ones done on a table because i usually dont have a table when i perform.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
I personally do Guy Hollighworths Triumph when without a table. It's basically Dai Vernon's handling but without a table. Triumph can be a very strong closer, when presented properly.

Dec 22, 2007
I personally do Guy Hollighworths Triumph when without a table. It's basically Dai Vernon's handling but without a table. Triumph can be a very strong closer, when presented properly.

do you not likes sloppy shuffle or what?. because to me, it wouldnt matter how the magician shuffles the deck.

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
do you not likes sloppy shuffle or what?. because to me, it wouldnt matter how the magician shuffles the deck.

My point was that there are other Triumphs that are done without a table. You mentioned that you don't like those done on a table. I personally like to shuffle deck more elegantly, but that's just a personal reference. Sloppy shuffle Triumph is fine!

Dec 22, 2007
but wouldnt ppl get bored of watching 4 tricks? i mean come on, some ppl get bored of only 2 tricks. and should acr just be its own routine, not combined with another trick?

People will get bored if YOU bore them, not the tricks. Some magicians can't entertain with one trick, so two is pushing it for them.

If people are getting bored with your magic, then you should focus on what you're doing (or not doing) to elicit that reaction.

3) ACR- 3 phases

Here's my comments on these 4, which you posted.
1) You have 4 "pick-a-card" tricks in a row if we assume to drop your backups in #'s 1&2 (2 card monte and Quick as a Wink). That's 4 effects in a row with the same basic outcomes. I'd get bored watching that, wouldn't you?

2) You seem to be in the information overload stage of learning magic that so many of us go through. You have so many tricks you like to do that you have a hard time narrowing them down to a polished routine.

3) Have some faith that what you think makes a good routine is probably better than what we could tell you based on your listing what effects you do. Do what you like, man, you'll be a better magician that way.

Pj

Dec 22, 2007
People will get bored if YOU bore them, not the tricks. Some magicians can't entertain with one trick, so two is pushing it for them.

If people are getting bored with your magic, then you should focus on what you're doing (or not doing) to elicit that reaction.

3) ACR- 3 phases

Here's my comments on these 4, which you posted.
1) You have 4 "pick-a-card" tricks in a row if we assume to drop your backups in #'s 1&2 (2 card monte and Quick as a Wink). That's 4 effects in a row with the same basic outcomes. I'd get bored watching that, wouldn't you?

2) You seem to be in the information overload stage of learning magic that so many of us go through. You have so many tricks you like to do that you have a hard time narrowing them down to a polished routine.

3) Have some faith that what you think makes a good routine is probably better than what we could tell you based on your listing what effects you do. Do what you like, man, you'll be a better magician that way.

Pj

im not going to make them pick a different card every single time....once im done with biddle trick, then ill use th same card for acr and triumph. thats why they're in that order.

and i know what you mena by learning all that material is bad, but ive been in magic for about a year now and it seems kinda dumb to me that i should only be doing 2 or 3 tricks after all that time of learning magic. you know what i mean?

and i know what you mena by learning all that material is bad, but ive been in magic for about a year now and it seems kinda dumb to me that i should only be doing 2 or 3 tricks after all that time of learning magic. you know what i mean?

I used to be where you are, but as time goes on you'll understand what I meant more.

I do 3 tricks, and I have 2-3 more in mind when I'm at a gig for repeat tables/groups. I work for different people all the time, so why would I want to do new tricks when I have some that I'm VERY good at that work extremely well?

And a year's not a long time, though I know how it feels like it is. I've been playing with magic for 21 years now, off and on for several of them, granted, but I still feel like I'm just learning.

You're where most magicians are a year into learning, and that's ok. But eventually, you'll find that 2-3 tricks can make you plenty of money if you learn the rest of the art well.

Pj

Dec 22, 2007
well thanks for the advice, its really helpful. i guess ill just use only 4 tricks now. thanks, man. now that i think about i used to only do 2 tricks and i was fine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results