Royal Mail Strike :: UK Shipments

Oct 8, 2007
Charleston, SC
A quick note here for anyone in the UK or planning on shipping to the UK anytime soon; the Communication Workers Union, the union that represents workers at the Royal Mail, have been on strike causing massive delays. There were aprox. 30 million delayed packages last week but as of yesterday that number was down to around 2 million. There's no real estimate on how long this will last but another 47,000 postal workers are scheduled to walk out today.

If you plan on shipping to the UK I would suggest using an alternative method of delivery other than USPS (Standard, Priority, EMS), because they hand off packages to the Royal Mail after entry into the UK. FedEx, UPS or digital delivery for instant downloads are your other alternatives. If you have any questions, you know where to find me. [support]

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
No one can say anything of interest to this thread that will add to Bryant's initial post, so I figure this should be bumped to the top - as it's quite an important matter.

And Mr. Bump bumps.

Gus

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
No one can say anything of interest to this thread that will add to Bryant's initial post, so I figure this should be bumped to the top - as it's quite an important matter.

And Mr. Bump bumps.

Gus

It should be bumped yes.
No one can say anything interesting because its a notice not a discussion.
Just to warn people whats up.
So bump away

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results