S&M with no DDs on - Take a look!

Nov 8, 2007
I think it's common sense that the cards would work much better for everyone if they didn't have the DDs.

D

Deleted member 2755

I think it's common sense that the cards would work much better for everyone if they didn't have the DDs.

They wouldn't work much better. Also, everyone has an opinion. You can't just say that it's common sense. I actually like them with the D's on them. If anyone asks, it stands for my name. :) However, others can just say it stands for the D&D Card Company. You don't need to say Dan & Dave or something like that. Just blow it off by saying it's from the D&D Card Company. I like these. I ordered 2 of each and if I like Mirror enough which I think I will, I'll order a brick in a few months when I have some more money.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
I think they look fine with just the space in the middle, makes them look simplistic, which matches the court cards.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm still waiting for a T11 team member to post something. I think some of you guys have voiced our opinion enough, now your just bashing.

Nov 8, 2007
They wouldn't work much better. Also, everyone has an opinion. You can't just say that it's common sense. I actually like them with the D's on them. If anyone asks, it stands for my name. :) However, others can just say it stands for the D&D Card Company. You don't need to say Dan & Dave or something like that. Just blow it off by saying it's from the D&D Card Company. I like these. I ordered 2 of each and if I like Mirror enough which I think I will, I'll order a brick in a few months when I have some more money.

-Doug
Yes, they would work better for everyone (whose initials aren't DD) because the DDs missing would be a non-issue. There is no benefit from having them there. If you like them, that's cool--but they're not adding anything to your presentation.

Come on, nobody is going to buy the cards because they have the DDs. On the flipside, as you can see in this thread, many are not buying them because the DDs are there.

sinjin7

Elite Member
Apr 19, 2008
These decks had serious design potential, and at least the Ace of Spades is still beautiful. But using "D"'s in stead of "J"s on the Jokers, putting the phrase, "The D&D Playing Card Co." on the Ace of Spades, and the buzz-killing double Ds on the back is just too much self-adoration. Was there a need for such blatant self-promotion.

The pics without the DD on the back are much better imo. Having said all this, I still ordered these cards and they still might redeem themselves if they feel and handle as advertised and last a long time.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Hmm, the more I look at it (on the smoke deck anyway) the less I see the D's and the more I just see a stripy design in the middle.

Maybe we're just noticing the D's because we know it's Dan and Dave, I'd be interested to see if anybody who doesn't know this actually asks whether they are D's and what they stand for.

Maybe it's a perception thing. Though I have to agree, the D's are putting me off kinda. But I love the classy/elegant look they have.

- Sean

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I'm still waiting for a T11 team member to post something. I think some of you guys have voiced our opinion enough, now your just bashing.

I'm waiting for a team member to say something too.

And it's not bashing at all. What do you want, everyone to just say how amazing and flawless they are?

Jun 6, 2008
Uhhh...

Yeah! Totally! And that's why I hate Bikes! It says Bicycle right on the front of the deck! I mean, what if someone says "Hey, why does your box say Bicycle on front? They're cards, not bicycles! Duh!"
And what egomaniacs, it mentions all over the box its from the US Playing Card Company! GEEZ! What are they thinking? That's why I HATE the Ace of Spades, because it says that RIGHT ON THERE! Multinational conglomerates are posers!

Come on guys. When you make something, you do what you want. Rather than griping, don't buy it. Or make your OWN deck. There's plenty of places where you can create your own deck online. Or you can do what D&D or T11 did, and create a FREE web forum for the entire world, get big-name magicians behind you, and put product out that is purchased by 10's of thousands of people...

I kinda viewed these cards from D&D as "These are the cards we will be using when we do stuff from now on...we printed a bunch, and they're available for you, if you're interested in what we like..."

Besides, Split Spades were way more overboard, more expensive, and I heard far less of a peep concerning them.

There's a big difference between posting a negative review/constructive criticism, and griping... The former helps... Due to the anonymity of the internet however, the latter has become far more prevalent.

John

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Yeah! Totally! And that's why I hate Bikes! It says Bicycle right on the front of the deck! I mean, what if someone says "Hey, why does your box say Bicycle on front? They're cards, not bicycles! Duh!"
And what egomaniacs, it mentions all over the box its from the US Playing Card Company! GEEZ! What are they thinking? That's why I HATE the Ace of Spades, because it says that RIGHT ON THERE! Multinational conglomerates are posers!

Come on guys. When you make something, you do what you want. Rather than griping, don't buy it. Or make your OWN deck. There's plenty of places where you can create your own deck online. Or you can do what D&D or T11 did, and create a FREE web forum for the entire world, get big-name magicians behind you, and put product out that is purchased by 10's of thousands of people...

I kinda viewed these cards from D&D as "These are the cards we will be using when we do stuff from now on...we printed a bunch, and they're available for you, if you're interested in what we like..."

Besides, Split Spades were way more overboard, more expensive, and I heard far less of a peep concerning them.

There's a big difference between posting a negative review/constructive criticism, and griping... The former helps... Due to the anonymity of the internet however, the latter has become far more prevalent.

John

Care to point out where it says USPCC or Bicycle on the actual playing cards? If we were talking about the box maybe you would have a point, but...we're not, so you just come off as a fanboy trying to find a way to defend Dan and Dave.

Apr 30, 2008
Burnaby, BC, Canada
That looks SOoo much better. I would totally get a brick of those.

BTW, look at the top picture, the Mirror back design seems to have a thinner top edge and a wider bottom, is that just me or do you guys see it as well?

Jun 6, 2008

Look here son, I'm not a fanboy. And my post makes about as much sense and positive growth as the gripers. Pick up on the example. And I do believe it mentions USPCC on the Ace of Spades.

Its amazing how people who will do nothing but complain and make negative comments, are suddenly so hurt and indignant, when they're called to task on it. You reap what you sow.

John

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Look here son, I'm not a fanboy. And my post makes about as much sense and positive growth as the gripers.
So you admit your post makes no sense?
And I do believe it mentions USPCC on the Ace of Spades.
Fair enough, but it doesn't say USPCC on the back of every playing card.
Its amazing how people who will do nothing but complain and make negative comments, are suddenly so hurt and indignant, when they're called to task on it. You reap what you sow.

John
I'm not hurt or indignant because of your rather poor attempt to "call me to task".

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I think they look pretty good. Unique. I'll wait for the reviews to see how they handle before picking a few decks up though. However, I cant get the fact that they match my grandma's curtains and drapes out of my head.

There is no point in turning this thread into an argument. Just respect the fact that some people will like them and some wont. You're not going to be a fanboy just because you like them and you wont be a hater just because you dont.

Someone who knows more than me about magic always says. "Remember, magic is fun."

Jun 6, 2008

Hey man, no sweat off my back. There's tons of people contributing to all sorts of things everyday. If you want to sit back and negatively comment on how you'd do better behind the veil of anonymity, but not actually do anything or create anything, that's you. I wish you a glorious life, and hope you find happiness and success with it.

Incidentally, I mentioned it says USPCC all over the "box". The Bicycle thing on the deck was a typo...shoulda said box too. :)

There will always be a few people who create and achieve, and tons of people who criticize without putting forth the same effort of risk. That's all I'm saying.

All my best,
John

PS: I'm not fighting. I'm just griping...

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Hey man, no sweat off my back. There's tons of people contributing to all sorts of things everyday. If you want to sit back and negatively comment on how you'd do better behind the veil of anonymity, but not actually do anything or create anything, that's you. I wish you a glorious life, and hope you find happiness and success with it.

There will always be a few people who create and achieve, and tons of people who criticize without putting forth the same effort of risk. That's all I'm saying.

All my best,
John

PS: I'm not fighting. I'm just griping...

Alright. I just feel if they want to release their cards to the general public, then they should be susceptible to the criticism that comes with it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results