Saturday Night Contest - APOLLO ROBBINS : Roundtable

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Do you perform any other genre's of magic? If so how do you present them as pickpocketing to the audience as a whole is a combination of dexterity and misdirection? Almost all audiences understand that these are the two main aspects of magic. However they momentarily suspend that rational explanation and accept the lies that the magician tells them.

Do you ever use pieces that are more than just pickpocketing? Still using it as the primary effect in the piece? Basically you are either taking and/or returning items to a spectator, how do you take this narrow premise and expand it so it remains fresh to the audience?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
This week's roundtable discussion has been posted! It's over 30 minutes in length, and we were able to answer many of your questions in detail.

http://cdn.theory11.com/t11_ApolloRobbinsRTD.mp3

Let us know what you think, and thanks to everyone for participating in this. Tonight's randomly chosen winner for the 1-on-1 of your choice goes to Brett for his question here.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
You know theory11 is a little pressed for cash when only one person whose question is selected for a RTD gets a 1on1, instead of everyone whose question gets chosen, like it was a year or so ago. But hey, I'm not complaining... I still think it's great that they give away prizes weekly, just for coming up with a few questions, or taking a cool picture. Keep up the good work!

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Definitely enjoyed this podcast. Talked about some really interesting information about misdirection and human psychology. Very helpful stuff.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Brett -

Check your PM's within the next few hours for information on how to redeem your prize.

Adjones -

These roundtable discussions are not and never were about the prize. In truth, roundtable discussions should involve no prize other than the chance to ask some of the most respected minds in this industry for advice, counsel, and direction. That chance is worth it's weight in gold, and I would have killed for it when I was starting in magic and even today.

I realize that it's easy to become jaded as we do these things quite often, but never forget how rare and special an opportunity like this is. We certainly work hard to bring things like this to you guys weekly, and these artists have taken a solid hour out of their weekend and donated it directly to each of us. I respect that more than I can begin to describe.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results