Saturday Night Contest : Control Theme Song

Aug 31, 2007
well i wish i wouldve thought of something as amazingly complex and stand out as
control
stop your pulse

i mean really, this im actually pissed about

if not me, there are 10+ other entries that are 21784789x better than virus' (nothing personal)

cuz he gave musical direction?

k so ill remember for next contest

be extremely lame, and give directions
thx

I agree, honestly, you'll just have to live with it, usually they pick the worst ones, that have nothing to do with the directions. The only one time that anyone really deserved the prize was the Crazy Cuts contest.

Cory,

The problem of what you suggested is that then it turns into a popularity contest, instead of T11 judging. I like it fine how it is...if people keep complaining though, they might just stop them altogether. Disappointment is natural, but it's how you deal with it that separates the men from the boys.

I try to race every weekend...I'm yet to win (but there are a lot of sandbaggers in my class anyhow...). I normally get around top 10 though. Disappointed? You bet. But oh well...it just makes me work harder.

Last season I raced my first hare scramble ever (this is what a hare scramble is). I was running 7th place the entire race out of over 40. My bike overheated on the last lap and I came in 14th. I was pissed off...instead of getting a trophy, and possibly a top 5 finish, I had to settle for what I got.

Case in point, life is filled with disappointing moments. To quote Bill Gates... "Life ain't fair. Get over it."

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's the truth.

Best.
Steve

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
for example
take mine or fatal ace (since i remember he had a good one)
were the queen or led zeppelin if you will

and virus's submission seemed like the Keven Federline of submissions

alot of us worked hard to make things rhyme, and be very creative in what we wrote, weather it be for laughs, or for the product/magic itself
and it got beat out by "control, stop your pulse"

i agee, should be voted on by the users, as sofar 3 contests that i remember recently ive scratched my head constantly thinking if monkeys are choosing the winners.

thats just my 2 cents

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Remember, Wayne said to be as crazy and wacky as possible, and many of the submissions were good pieces of music, but not funny or wacky. I'm not saying Virus had the best submission, but he had a pretty wacky song. I mean, why wouldn't Wayne and Dana want to scream Control over and over again? I would...

//David.Misner::

Nov 11, 2007
There were many creative and I am sure time consuming entries into this contest. In my opinion some good and some not so good. But that is just it, that is my opinion. The winner was the best one in Wayne and Dana's opinion.
By complaining about losing or the fact that you did not like who they chose is not going to change who they chose.
It is a contest that they willingly allow us to participate in to have some fun on a Saturday night. Let's not get upset about losing but look forward to having some more fun next Saturday when we get to do something else silly.
Theory11 does not have to take there time each and every week and have a contest and give away something for free. So lets be thankful for our opportunity and keep the complaining to ourselves please. Thanks.

Aug 31, 2007
There were many creative and I am sure time consuming entries into this contest. In my opinion some good and some not so good. But that is just it, that is my opinion. The winner was the best one in Wayne and Dana's opinion.
By complaining about losing or the fact that you did not like who they chose is not going to change who they chose.
It is a contest that they willingly allow us to participate in to have some fun on a Saturday night. Let's not get upset about losing but look forward to having some more fun next Saturday when we get to do something else silly.
Theory11 does not have to take there time each and every week and have a contest and give away something for free. So lets be thankful for our opportunity and keep the complaining to ourselves please. Thanks.

Well said brother.

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
dummyisdumb,

It is relevant to the point that I offered a solution that may prevent this sort of situation in the future. I am making an assumption that a few people don't neccesarily agree with the chosen winners tonight, or the winners from past contests. Do you see what I am getting at? It is simply a friendly suggestion that I feel would benefit Theory 11's community as a whole.

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I agree, honestly, you'll just have to live with it, usually they pick the worst ones, that have nothing to do with the directions. The only one time that anyone really deserved the prize was the Crazy Cuts contest.

Awee, thanks

But I am not going to say whether I agree or disagree with the decision.

Is it really that important, can't we just save up and buy it if we really want to?

Do you really have to rely on a contest to provide you with your magic?

Aug 31, 2007
dummyisdumb,

It is relevant to the point that I offered a solution that may prevent this sort of situation in the future. I am making an assumption that a few people don't neccesarily agree with the chosen winners tonight, or the winners from past contests. Do you see what I am getting at? It is simply a friendly suggestion that I feel would benefit Theory 11's community as a whole.

Yeah, I was getting at the "Seperates the men from the boys". But yeah, you answered my question.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
I don't think it's about the prizes (unless the prize was something unobtainable, or REALLY hard to get a hold of) ... it's more about WINNING something.

I have never really won a contest ever in my life. I have won some trivia things here and there (maybe 3 or 4 total), but never something where I put some time and effort into producing something to be judged.

I still have tons of fun with the Saturday Night Contest, and always look forward to the next one. It's one of the few things that helps me get through my stressful week at school.

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Hey guys - I understand that some of your are going to be disappointed that you didn't win - again I'd like to say that I was amazed at some of the creativity & skill that you guys showed... however - here were the rules:

1) The stupider the better.

2) The funnier the better.

3) Keep it short and sweet. Don't write us a damn novel because it will anger us and we will type angrily at you in all caps.

4) Have fun with it. CONTROL THEME SONG!!!

We had a lot of fun with this & it looks like most of you guys did too. Thanks for your creativity & participation.

D

Deleted member 2755

Hey guys - I understand that some of your are going to be disappointed that you didn't win - again I'd like to say that I was amazed at some of the creativity & skill that you guys showed... however - here were the rules:

1) The stupider the better.

2) The funnier the better.

3) Keep it short and sweet. Don't write us a damn novel because it will anger us and we will type angrily at you in all caps.

4) Have fun with it. CONTROL THEME SONG!!!

We had a lot of fun with this & it looks like most of you guys did too. Thanks for your creativity & participation.

Sadly I wasn't home for this contest. I was camping in the Pine Barrens. (For those that don't know, its the woods in Jersey) Well, I look forward to next week's contest. Hopefully it will be for another signed copy of Control. :D I wouldn't mind getting one of those. ;)

-Doug

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Wow. I must say, no better way to be welcomed back to college than hearing Wayne and Dana sing about a heart stopping effect...in the tune of twinkle twinkle little star...

-ThrallMind

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results