Saturday Night Contest - DG's Creativity Challenge of Doom

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Tonight is Saturday, which means it's time for this week's Saturday Night Contest. Over the past week, we've had multiple artists in the t11.hq in production of several projects to debut later this week.

Tonight's SNC will be hosted by DG, and is entitled DG's Creativity Challenge of Doom. Here's the dizzle - we're looking for creativity. Oftentimes as performers, we find ourselves in situations where we have nothing else to perform with other than objects you have on you - in your pockets, in your wallet, your keys, your clothing, etc.

The challenge is to create an effect TONIGHT using only objects that are on your body right NOW. Objects in your pockets, your shoes, in your wallet, gum, tic-tacs, jello, on your keyring - the possibilities are endless. Submissions should be in the form of a video presentation.

You ARE allowed to utilize other objects if you need to create a gimmick to make the magic happen, but in your video, it should ONLY appear to use objects that you have on you - and nothing else. The effect must be practical and possible to be performed to a lay audience - fooling the camera isn't the number one priority.

Creativity is the key. Submissions must be posted in video format in response to this forum thread on or before 11:00pm EST. You can upload your video to Vimeo, YouTube, EatLime, Drop.io, or any other major video sharing site. Be sure to allow time for the video to upload.

Tonight's submissions will be judged by DG, and the winner will receive the 1-on-1 of their choice, sent on the house, and major props and positive energy from DG. And a smile, possibly a long distance hug.

This is a chance for you guys to exercise your own creativity - make it happen. Looking forward to seeing the submissions later this evening.

UPDATE : Tonight's winner has been posted. See it here.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Crappo, I have a play rehearsal today, so I can neither enter this contest nor sabotage the thread when it's over. :(
Sorry Team Awesome! I have failed you!

Haha it's all good.

Really wish I had a spark of creativity. I'm exhausted after playing in my town parade. lol

Good luck everyone. ;)

Dec 30, 2008
I've got a great I idea! I just wish my band practice would be over. bleh... oops they're coming back! :eek:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results