Saturday Night Contest for Different Time Zones?

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
Some one earlier in this thread that the contests should start at 12 and end at 5 or something similar. Most people (unless they are lazy) won't be home during that time, they will be out doing stuff. Most people have more time to do stuff at night after their daytime activities are over. I realize that 11pm is THE ENDING TIME, not the start, but if you really want to participate then stay up or go to sleep and set your alarm (me I'm up until about 2-3 every morning even on school nights).

One last thing to consider, these contests are FREE, they do't have to hold these and they certainly DO NOT have to give out free prizes. Be thankful.

-SM

Jan 13, 2008
I find it funny how many people are talking about the time as if the US is the only country that is (partially) in the Eastern time zone. "There could be a US contest and an international contest" :rolleyes:

Anyway, although it doesn't affect me (living in Canada), why not have it at 11am on Saturday? Saturday seems to be a special day for T11, so it seems unnecessary to bring it all the way to Sunday (unless I'm missing something).

But, regardless of whether anything is changed, I agree with praetoritevong's statements--some people just miss out on things; suck it up. Despite living next door to the US, I always miss out on special shipping promotions (which are usually limited to those living in the United States), I have to pay international shipping (the same price that someone across the ocean would have to pay, despite living a few hours from the border), and I don't even get to use the toll free T11 number for customer service (it's not available in my area--I'm about 2 hours too far north to get that free call, apparently, because that's how far the border is away from my city).

With that said, I also get to see my fair share of special promotions. I recently ordered something off of ebay (which I couldn't find anywhere else), and I got reduced shipping because the seller just so happened to be from the same province as me. I'm in the Eastern time zone, so the T11 Saturday contests aren't a problem for me (nor are the Friday 11pm release windows, although I've never participated).

But, overall, I take the good with the bad. I realize that I won't get everything I want in life, and I just enjoy what I can. And if I REALLY want something THAT badly? I go out of my way to get it or work really hard to get it, as the case may be.

That's just my thoughts on the issue.

Well I have an idea but it will give some people more time. Alright. The topic of the contest will be released on Friday at whatever time theory11 wants to release the topic. The people from other countries can see what the contest is about and so will the people in the US. Now everyone will know what the contest is. There should be two different threads. One for international people and one for U.S. The people in the international section can post in there thread and the U.S. in there own thread. Now the best from each will be chosen and out of those two the winner will be the winner of the contest. The winner will be announce the next day at an early time. Like 8 am so the international people will still be awake and the U.S people can either wake up earlier or just sleep a bit and look at the thread later.:D There everyone is happy.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
yeah, copperfield14 has a pretty good idea, although i dont know how to stop people in the EST time zone looking into the international people to get more time on their projects...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results