Saturday Night Contest for Different Time Zones?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
like (i think it was "Toby") pointed out in the most recent SNC, alot of the people who take part in these forums are not actually situated close to Theory11 headquarters (sounds a bit militarish, doesnt it?) or, for that matter, anywhere near the United States. This means that time zones are different, not only Eastern Standard Time for all us.

"frezzingaces" said ( he was probably joking) that we should have a Sunday Breakfast Contest, as a means for everyone to be able to participate at a relatively standard hour. Because Theory11's SNC midnight is actually my 5 in the morning, i cant participate in virtually any of the contests, ruling out any chances i have of recieving White Centurions for free...:(

My proposal is one you cannot refuse, eh? ( in the most mafioso italian accent imaginable) I think we should, maybe not eliminate SNC, but create a contest in an hour where all, if not most of the continents could participate. This would mean some countries would start at around 19 pm, and some at maybe 11am, but most of us will actually be awake.

i dont know how much sense im putting into this argument, but a rethink of the SNC is something i think is a good idea, and some members would agree with me too.

after all? how can JB expect me to do 80 pushups while im dreaming?
im Brazilian, doesnt mean im an automaton from Jupiter. (although that would mean i'd beat Andrei...)

so unless we have a soccer contest sometime soon, maybe we should rethink SNC.

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Hey Gustavo, thanx for making a thread about this. Yeah, it was me who metnioned it. I was really upset about this because i would participate, and i was upset about earlier contest too.
If T11 cant make one SNC on a time that would be good for everyone, than they can make two. One for USA, and one for the rest of the world....

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
well, i could do that if i knew which saturday night the contests are going to be in, after all, theyre not on every single saturday, and i dont want to have to stay up so late every night, especially cause im in the IB program at school and i would have to get up at 6am. not a good thing:eek:

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
well, i could do that if i knew which saturday night the contests are going to be in, after all, theyre not on every single saturday, and i dont want to have to stay up so late every night, especially cause im in the IB program at school and i would have to get up at 6am. not a good thing:eek:

The contests ARE every Saturday..

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Than it wouldnt be a fair contest...
All im saying is that SNC could be at some time that suits everyone...

im not trying to be rude. i get where you guys are coming from entirely. but i think since its their website and they are the ones giving out free stuff, shouldn't the contest be at a time that best suits the artists? the ones actually running the contests? that just seems to make the most sense to me

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
im not trying to be rude. i get where you guys are coming from entirely. but i think since its their website and they are the ones giving out free stuff, shouldn't the contest be at a time that best suits the artists? the ones actually running the contests? that just seems to make the most sense to me

You are right, but they dont put the SNC at a time that best suits them, they are puting it at 11, because of the symbolism...

Oct 19, 2007
They have...

you need to understad that just because its a time reasonable for us doesn't mean its a "GREAT" time for them and for some users the contest is on saturday AND sunday because of the time zones. Really I think its unfair for them and maybe T11 could change the time so that everyone gets a chance. The contest could start at 12 est. time ( in the afternoon not midnight) and end around 5 or 6 p.m. seems reasonable...............................

Oct 24, 2007
Well, I have two ideas that I'm going to post.

The first idea is to have two six hour spans for people. One for international people and one for the U.S. The winner would be announced on Sunday. Do the six hour span so that most countries would be able to easily participate, and the six hour span so that the U.S. could easily participate.

My second idea is tougher and more unlikely, but instead of having such a small time frame to submit videos, why not have a whole day? Why night have a SC (Saturday Contest) so that everyone could participate. The winner would be announced on Sunday.

The winner being announced on Sunday would give the judges (T11 artist) more time to view everything and then make a decision. I think it's a pretty good idea. ;)

Tyler

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
no matter what time is used
somebody around the world gets screwed

well, yeah, but its better if the least amount of people get "screwed" isnt it?

and Tyler, i like the "Saturday contest" idea. maybe somehting like that could be arranged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I can certainly understand where people are coming from in this thread - although, in this particular case, the SNC's coincide with a decent time for me, living in Australia does mean we miss out on things every now and again too, from offers like free shipping to competitions such as this. Given that, even though it's not applicable in this case, I do realise how annoying it is for people in Europe to be missing out on these.

Having said that however, well, in the aforementioned cases where I miss out on things due to my location... Well, I miss out... It sucks, it's really really annoying, and I hate it at times - but I think in this case it may just be something people have to accept - T11 is based in the symbolism of 11 and this is unlikely to change. It's just one of those things where, well, life isn't fair, it's an American company after all and that's what they base themselves around.

Perhaps however, a partial compromise might be this: Hint at, or give a general area of, what the week's SNC may be say 24 hours in advance - that way, if someone in Europe knows it's a photoshop competition and they know they're gun at it, they can stay up just for that one - but if they can't flourish to save a wide-eyed Chihuahua, then they don't have to stay to find out it's something they have no interest in partaking in.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Since the timing of SNCs are at 11pm due to the symbolism, why not create a SMC(Sunday Morning Contest) at 11am? In that case, people need not wake up at weird timings such as 2-3am to participate in the SNC. But instead, they can wake up later to participate in the SMC.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results