Saturday Night Contest - Let's Get Techno-Logic!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
What's up everybody! Today has been an awesome start to the weekend. Not only because my Clemson Tigers took the victory to get that 6-0 Winning Streak, it is also time for another fun and exciting Saturday Night Contest!

As most of you have heard, Steve Jobs passed away this Wednesday, October 5th. We lost a revolutionary leader and innovator in the world of technological advancement. He will be deeply missed, and he left behind a wonderful legacy. We thought it would be appropriate to have tonight's contest base around the idea of technology.

What we want you guys to do for this 24 HOUR contest, is to create an effect utilizing technology in some way. You can use a laptop, desktop computer, phone, tablet computer, etc. The choice is yours - anything goes - originality and creativity will be the deciding factor in this contest.

We know creating a great, brand new effect takes longer than the 3 and a half hour limit we usually allow. But tonight, we are giving you guys a FULL 24 HOURS to create your effect, film it, and submit it in response to this forum thread.

Once you have your submission filmed, you can upload it to either YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to this forum thread by no later than 7:30pm EST, Sunday, October 9th.

What shall the winner receive? You can take home our upcoming release, VERTIGO by Rick Lax, completely on the house. VERTIGO releases next Friday, October 14th at 11:00pm EST. Get ready - this will be the signature effect of 2011.

Can't wait to see all of the submissions pouring in over the next day. We know you guys can ROCK IT!

Feb 1, 2011
can it be a card trick using technology like for example digital conviction by robert smith ?

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I have a funny but horrifying revolving around this contest.

So, about a month ago, my iPod Touch (3rd gen) fell off a table and the screen cracked majorly. Devastating to say the least. Instead of getting the screen replaced, I took this as an opportunity to upgrade my iPod. So, the next day, I went to Future Shop and bought a brand new 4th Generation iPod Touch which I love.

Tonight, I read about this contest and immediately had a neat idea... as I still have the older cracked iPod I began messing around and figured out a fun method to restore the cracked iPod, which is essentially switching the cracked one for the brand new one. I play with the effect for a while and decide to try filming it.

So I grab my camera and both iPods and start to go downstairs to film the effect. As I reach the bottom step, my brand new iPod Touch falls from my grasp and hits my carpeted floor. I pick it up... cracked.

Now I've got two cracked iPod Touches and no effect to film.

Jun 1, 2009
Just try your best man! You might stumble on an idea in the morning or in the afternoon. Worth a shot!

True, I'll just keep in the back of my mind. I've just tried to create before and hit a massive block. I get good ideas, just nooo way to execute them, you know?

Apr 2, 2011
Casey, you said technology must be a big part in the effect. What if it's really a BIG part in the effect but it doesn't look that way?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results