Saturday Night Contest - LUIS DE MATOS - Roundtable Discussion

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just finished recording - this one's amazing. Will be online within the hour. DEFINITELY worth staying up for! And we have a special guest...

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
The podcast has been posted! This edition is ONE HOUR in length and jam packed with information from start to finish. I cannot emphasize enough how valuable it would be to listen to this until the very end. The advice shared particularly toward the end is worth it's weight in gold.

This podcast also had a surprise guest - Chris Kenner - who added his thoughts and vast experience throughout. Chris and Luis have been friends for nearly a decade - and shared many stories of their own throughout the podcast.

THANK YOU to Luis for taking the time at midnight in Portugal to record this with us. As a kid, I remember looking up to both him and CK as icons in the industry of modern magic. I would have given anything in the world to hear their counsel, advice, and direction. Tonight, you have that chance.

Enjoy, and let us know what you think.

:: theory11 roundtable discussion - Luis de Matos (mp3)

D

Deleted member 2755

The podcast has been posted! This edition is ONE HOUR in length and jam packed with information from start to finish. I cannot emphasize enough how valuable it would be to listen to this until the very end. The advice shared particularly toward the end is worth it's weight in gold.

This podcast also had a surprise guest - Chris Kenner - who added his thoughts and vast experience throughout. Chris and Luis have been friends for nearly a decade - and shared many stories of their own throughout the podcast.

THANK YOU to Luis for taking the time at midnight in Portugal to record this with us. As a kid, I remember looking up to both him and CK as icons in the industry of modern magic. I would have given anything in the world to hear their counsel, advice, and direction. Tonight, you have that chance.

Enjoy, and let us know what you think.

:: theory11 roundtable discussion - Luis de Matos (mp3)

Awesome! I don't really have an hour at the moment, so I'm gonna save this one for when I do. :) Love these roundtable discussions. Very informative.

-Doug

Jul 13, 2009
This is the best Discussion I have heard in a while. Thanks Mr. Bayme for taking the time to do this interview, I found it interesting that Luiz used the painting metaphor that I have stated elsewhere. It only helps further me because I know I am on the right track, I hope everyone takes the time to listen to this.

Awesome interview, enjoyed it thourghly and I applaud you Mr. Bayme and your team for your hard work here in theory11.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Great podcast!
The advice for stage is very good and something I'm looking forward to.
I especially like the part when Luis said that there's 3 visions of yourself. How you see yourself, how others view you, and how you are on the inside.
Best podcast I've heard.
Be ready.

Jul 13, 2009
THen you already claimed your prize, an outstanding podcast. Just to catch you up a bit, there are no single winners for round table discussions anymore. Everyone wins an outstanding interview, that is the prize of roundtable discussions.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I thought Luis' advice within this was some of the best spoken and most qualified we have ever posted - be ready. As I kid I remember it crystal clear watching his performances on YouTube, on his website; and I was amazed at the scale and technical level at which he performed. When you're performing for 50,000 people at once in a live setting with REAL helicopters, there is very little room for error. Luis is a rockstar.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results