Saturday Night Contest - Making Holiday Magic!

Oct 8, 2011
Baltimore
I hope you enjoy this effect. Sorry for the terrible quality. I had to un-focus the camera in order for you to be able to see the names of the people in the list and the end result of the cutting (sorry about the blurriness). Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqJDya4RPQQ

um.... no offense if you were able to come up with this yourself, but this trick has already been invented, albait maybe not published
Just wondering

Mar 6, 2010
Well, when Casey said, creating a holiday version of something like Miser's Dream (which is already a published and famous effect), I thought that signified that we could take an effect, and modify to suit the holiday theme. You should realize that it's almost impossible to create a brand new effect nowadays. So when they say, "create an effect", I assume they also mean, just altering an effect to suit the holiday cheer.

Mar 6, 2010
Well, when Casey said, creating a holiday version of something like Miser's Dream (which is already a published and famous effect), I thought that signified that we could take an effect, and modify to suit the holiday theme. You should realize that it's almost impossible to create a brand new effect nowadays. So when they say, "create an effect", I assume they also mean, just altering an effect to suit the holiday cheer.

Mar 6, 2010
um.... no offense if you were able to come up with this yourself, but this trick has already been invented, albait maybe not published
Just wondering

Oct 11, 2010
Denmark
Here's my entry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPzpPguNGw&feature=youtu.be

In advance I would like to appologize for: horrible patter, lack of proper pronunciation and overall suckyness (if you disagree with me on any of these points, thanks :D)
Nevertheless I hope you enjoy it and I hope that you feel a bit of christmas spirit oozing through my attempt at an (semi)orginal trick

Good luck and happy holidays everyone!

Xdelamuertex

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2007
Spokane WA
www.x-tremefights.com
Holiday magic

Ok here's the real one, dunno if it's visible yet?
One things for sure no cash left after the holidays? Just use plastic!

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8OxE5vZj3E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Happy Holidays, everyone! The week is upon us - the last few days of 2011, and a very exciting week with FIVE new releases upcoming. To keep things festive and to keep everyone in that holiday mood, this week's SNC is all about the holidays!

One thing that everyone here at theory11 loves about the Holiday Season is the feeling of magic that people receive. Whether it be opening up a gift, or being with loved ones, we love it. We also love magic itself. And we want you guys to get into the Holiday Magic mood this week, for tonight’s SNC!

The challenge tonight is to use any Christmas/Holiday related item (For example: ornaments, candy, bells, etc.) and create an effect using those types of items! You can perform a broken and restored candy cane, torn and restored ribbon, torn and restored wrapping paper, Miser's Dream with a Santa Hat, self lighting candle, self extinguishing candle, etc. Ideas are only limited by your imagination!

You should upload your video submission to YouTube, Vimeo, or any other website in which we can view your video in response to THIS forum thread. Please make sure video settings are set to PUBLIC so we can judge it! We are giving you a FULL 24 HOURS to participate in the contest. Videos to be judged shall be submitted no later than Sunday at 7:40PM EST. Bonus points for creativity and presentation!

Because we are awesome, we are giving the winning entry a 6 Pack of Monarchs, one of each of our FIVE new releases this coming week, and ELEVEN entries into our Holiday Contest 2011.

We hope you guys have a lot of fun with this one. Get creative, and simply have a good time. That’s what it’s all about! We can’t wait to see the videos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results