Saturday Night Contest - Objects In Motion

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
As it's been a while since we've hosted a good image contest, we felt tonight would be the perfect opportunity to allow you to show off your photography skills. All that will be required of you is a deck of cards, a camera phone (or webcam or digital camera of any sort), and your the ability to take a solid picture with said items.

The goal tonight is to photograph the most engaging image of playing cards in motion. This could be in the form of a card spring, dribble, aerial cut, card toss, or other move - but at least one card or more must be captured with movement within the image. Some examples are attached from the hands of Andrei Jikh. The catch? You are not able to edit this photo in anyway after it has been taken. We're looking for originality and creativity here.

The winner tonight will receive a six-pack of playing cards (your choice) - sent on the house. All entries should be attached via a response to this thread, no later than 11:00pm EST for judging. Good luck guys!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 167

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Didn't expect this since the big one we have being judged right now as we speak. But looks interesting, I might enter this one, not sure. I love photography though. Too bad all the snow melted, because it would've made a hell of a photo. Good luck to all that enter!

Cheers,

Casey

Nov 7, 2009
Heres my entry... The cards are in motion as I am moving them back and forth quickly... you cant really see this though :(

If you want to dissquallify me I understand... I just wanted to be diffrent and not be the 100th guy with the card spring or the boomerang.

Neverminds. Thanks anyway, good luck. :)

Attachments

• Picture 238.jpg
    Picture 238.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 171
Dec 18, 2009
Here's my entry. And yes, they are playing cards. I figured the blur would look cooler than the actual cards showing themselves. Good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-02-13 at 20.29.jpg
    Photo on 2010-02-13 at 20.29.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Photo on 2010-02-13 at 20.57.jpg
    Photo on 2010-02-13 at 20.57.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 19, 2008
Heres my entry... The cards are in motion as I am moving them back and forth quickly... you cant really see this though :(

If you want to dissquallify me I understand... I just wanted to be diffrent and not be the 100th guy with the card spring or the boomerang.

Neverminds. Thanks anyway, good luck. :)

you wouldnt of been the 100th guy you would have been the 2nd to do a boomerang and the first for a spring lol but nice display:D

Aug 11, 2008
I think this contest made me invent a whole genre of photography.:eek:

By using a slow shutter speed i moved my hands super fast, in about 1.5 seconds. By showing my hand empty, and then grabbing a card, it creates a "ghosty" image of a card.

Let me show you what i mean.

Attachments

• IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 144
May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
I think this contest made me invent a whole genre of photography.:eek:

By using a slow shutter speed i moved my hands super fast, in about 1.5 seconds. By showing my hand empty, and then grabbing a card, it creates a "ghosty" image of a card.

Let me show you what i mean.

And, we have a winner ladies and gentlemen. Congratulations man, that's awesome work. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results