Saturday Night Contest - One Card Only

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Then why did he use all caps when he said only one card? Maybe it's just me but he sounded very serious with the one card ONLY part. PS, i'm not trying to start anything and i'm happy he won, i just want to be clear with the rules for future contests.

All right, thins are getting crazy.

I know you're not starting anything, it's civil, all is pipe.

The rules are interpreted as just a one-card flourish. A flourish like 'Bullet' is considered a one-card flourish, despite that the rest of the deck is being held in the same hand; the rest of the deck is an inactive component while the one card jumps about.

Sometimes with the contests, you have to think a little outside the box. I got nailed for this last year with a one-handed flourish contest. The winner did a flourish where he held the deck in one hand, took two cards off the top with the other hand, did a two card twirl, and placed the two cards back on top of the deck--still in the other hand.

This wasn't my definition of a one-handed flourish, but was technically a one-handed flourish in the eyes of the contest and the rest of the cardistry community.

Honestly, it's one of those 'live and learn' moments. It sucks that there was a bit of confusion and may have changed the outlook on your entry.

Jan 29, 2015
I know you're not starting anything, it's civil, all is pipe.

The rules are interpreted as just a one-card flourish. A flourish like 'Bullet' is considered a one-card flourish, despite that the rest of the deck is being held in the same hand; the rest of the deck is an inactive component while the one card jumps about.

Sometimes with the contests, you have to think a little outside the box. I got nailed for this last year with a one-handed flourish contest. The winner did a flourish where he held the deck in one hand, took two cards off the top with the other hand, did a two card twirl, and placed the two cards back on top of the deck--still in the other hand.

This wasn't my definition of a one-handed flourish, but was technically a one-handed flourish in the eyes of the contest and the rest of the cardistry community.

Honestly, it's one of those 'live and learn' moments. It sucks that there was a bit of confusion and may have changed the outlook on your entry.
Thanks for clearing this up in a civil manner Brett, you could have easily gone a low route and called me a rebellious whiner ;) Jk Gabriel, i appreciate knowing there's someone that could set me on the right path if i ever become a Rebellious Unaccepting Whiner :)

Jan 29, 2015
i feel like i should apologize for any of the drama i cooked up and say congrats to the winner! I'm sorry for possible coming across as someone who was trying to find a loop hole to win, all i wanted was to be clear on the rules, but i can see how someone could have mistaken what i was saying for attempt to get a cheap win. Also i want to say congrats to V3! now that i'm informed to the rules i see why you won and you deserve it! Enjoy those gold monarchs my man!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
The one big takeaway from the contests is this: they are free.

No other site out there does these sort of contests on such a consistent basis as they do here. Sometimes the stakes are high, but the only 'entry fee' is the time we take in making an entry--and the waiting for Casey to post results ;)

But the reason why there are prizes to begin with is to get everybody to throw out as best a quality entry as we can all come up with for those who decide to enter.

The spirit of these contests is for us to have fun and get us out of it comfort zones and try something new each week.

Let's all raise our decks to _3V_ and give him the prose he deserves, and go into the next contest anew!

Jul 1, 2014
Wow just got back from school and read the result! I'm feeling so lucky. Thank you all so much!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Yeah Khaleel after the first few likes I was like.....sure a few people can relate to this meme........But when now 10 people liked it I was saying to myself jeepers does everyone feel like this ...:)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results