Saturday Night Contest - Roundtable Discussion with Homer Liwag

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Well, I have to agree and disagree.

I LOVE having the oppertunity to listen to the roundtables, you know? WHo doesn't like hearing advice straight from the mouths of legends.

But it is a Saturday Night CONTEST, and according to the dictionary a contest is.....

"An occasion on which a winner is selected from among two or more contestants."

And there is no winner.

But that is just a little detail. I just think it makes it a LIL more fun when you guys give away a prize too. Makes one persons day a little bit better, and encourages more people to particiapate.

Plus, it doesn't cost you ANYTHING to give away a 1on1, so why not?

I agree too.

I LOVE having the oppertunity to listen to the roundtables, you know? WHo doesn't like hearing advice straight from the mouths of legends.

But it is a Saturday Night CONTEST, and according to the dictionary a contest is.....

And there is no winner.

But that is just a little detail. I just think it makes it a LIL more fun when you guys give away a prize too. Makes one persons day a little bit better, and encourages more people to particiapate.

the winners were the people who got there questions picked... and what they won was the answers to their questions....

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City

And there is no winner.

Personally, I feel it's a little distracting to our core message and the value we're pushing to instill. It really burns my eyes when I see the conclusion of some incredible roundtable discussion and the first question is "so who won?" It keeps me up at night.

Especially when I was younger - and still to this day - I feel privileged and humbled to work with the team we do. I love the opportunity to listen. Ask Apollo Robbins how many words I said the first night I met him. None. I just listened; I was fascinated; I was entranced by the opportunity to hear the thoughts and perspective of someone who had traveled far more paths than I.

Shortly after I met CK for the first time when I was 13, they were often playing shows at the MGM in Vegas. That show ends at midnight PST; I was a kid in Charleston, SC. That's 3:00 in the morning on the east coast. CK was my mentor; someone I looked up to more than anyone. So I would stay up until 3am on countless nights - school nights - knowing I had to wake up for school at 6am - just for the possibility that I might get to talk to him. I still hold that same respect to this day.

My point is that the chance to interact directly with these artists is not something you should ever take for granted. It's a privilege, and I cannot thank Chris and Homer enough for taking a few moments from their almost non-existent free time to record this today. With a tuned ear, you can learn just as much from these free podcasts as you can in any paid product. Advice, guidance, experience is worth more than anything. It's invaluable.

You guys do realize that Bayme could have charged you money for that podcast and given the artist involved people would have paid for it by their names alone.

However, he didn't.

You basicly got 10 questions answered about general working knowledge from paid working professionals about the craft you so dearly love. Maybe this isn't special for those who already have careers in magic.. all maybe 4 of you on this forum, but for just about everyone else this download is pure gold.

There is really no point in who "wins or loses" or prizes for participation. This is about gleaming personal experience from the people who are succeeding at the very thing you are only having dreams about.

Show a little gratitude people.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results