Saturday Night Contest - The Art of Design

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Casey Rudd, Apr 23, 2011.

1. What’s up guys! It’s awesome to see you all back tonight for this week’s contest.

Behind the scenes, we've been very busy. We've release NINE products in the past five weeks, and a lot of those, coincidentally, have been about art. Playing card art. The Bicycle Titanium Edition, Stingers, DeckONE v2, and last night - Uncut Sheets and Sentinel Canvases!

This week’s contest is centered on art and design. What we want YOU to do for tonight is to create on paper an image that relates to magic, magicians, or playing cards, in any medium you choose (i.e. pencil, sculpture, colored pencil, paints, etc). Even if you aren’t artistically gifted, we are looking for effort. The more you put in, the more you get out of it!

Your submission can be funny or serious. From a portrait of Danny Garcia riding a scooter to a sculpture made of playing cards of your favorite magician - to a new playing card design (back, Ace of Spades, or Joker) - anything relating to ART and MAGIC is fair game.

Take an image of your completed piece and post it as a response to THIS forum thread no later than 11:00pm EST!

The winner of tonight’s contest will walk away with an incredible prize: one of our new Sentinel Canvases released just last night. Your choice of the King of Hearts or the Ace of Spades.

Good luck to everyone! I can’t WAIT to see tonight’s entries!

2. This is going to be great, I better get my creative juices flowin'.

3. This is one of the best SNC'S ever! You can count me in! Good luck to everybody entering!

4. it should be in paper or i can do it in photoshop??

5. can i draw in IPAD?or can be PHOTOGRAPHY?

6. I respond with this quote:
    Although sculptures are not actually on paper, they are a created by hand, not digitally.

7. #7 inedhowetrust89, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
  8. unfortunately, the pic is not viewable.

9. I cant see it

10. Here is my entry for the saturday night contest... you can see the the obvious hearts, diamonds, spades, and clubs, but can you find them again hidden on the card back that i have drawn here..... happy hunting judges, ladies, and gentleman....

Michael Anspach

here is the link:

http://www.clockworksoul.com/saturdaynightcontest.jpg

11. how about now??

12. yeah now I can it looks awesome

13. Can we use Photoshop?

14. This is a sculpture I made using different materials but mostly with paper. My friend actually made the design which I turned into a sculpture. The letters "aom" on the sculpture would mean "Art Of Magic". And If you could notice, I used a little bit of "magic" to make the effect of hearts floating and of the ground crumbling. :) I hope you'll like my entry:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krumbs/5648197676/in/photostream
    [​IMG]

15. how do i post my pic as a response

16. #18 thanamagic, Apr 23, 2011
  17. #19 Ang, Apr 23, 2011
    can see it now

18. Love how its from 2010