Saturday Night Contest - The Redline Challenge

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
You don't even need to have the Redline 1-on-1 to participate in the SNC. As mentioned in the original post -- as well as JB's -- you can make a parody of the performance.

It should be something creative and funny; perhaps, find the largest vNeck you can, talk with a Jersey accent, and accidentally use lipstick (instead of chapstick), or something along those lines.

Just have fun and enjoy the contest, as it is for you.

Cheers,
JTM

Dan's shirt originally started as a normal t-shirt worn by Shaquille O'Neal, and then it was stretched out 12 - 20 more inches and found by Dan Hauss. For those of you looking for your own, check Baby Gap. If Baby Gap doesn't have it, you may also want to try Victoria Secret.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
here's my video. CLICKY MEi know its not much but its the first video ive ever uploaded for anything and i did it on a digital camera. HAHA, no not a camcorder a digital camera that has a very short video capability, i also have no editing software so yeah its all about redline and less about what i can do with technology, sorry. thats why the quality is bad and the sound is crap. but i had fun and liked this contest, love your work HAUSS! hope you enjoy, i know i did. i put the last bit in because the first time i saw a david blaine clip it was the coin bite. gave me the idea.

CHEERS and good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Dan's shirt originally started as a normal t-shirt worn by Shaquille O'Neal, and then it was stretched out 12 - 20 more inches and found by Dan Hauss. For those of you looking for your own, check Baby Gap. If Baby Gap doesn't have it, you may also want to try Victoria Secret.

on another note though, i believe that Dan was really just trying to pay proper omage to the infamous Jennifer Lopez dress. Clearly, though he lacks the famous rear assets but makes up for it in crazy Wall running skills

Nov 23, 2007
NC
i know its not much but its the first video ive ever uploaded for anything and i did it on a digital camera. HAHA, no not a camcorder a digital camera that has a very short video capability. yeah thats why the quality is bad and the sound is crap
Actually the quality is not that bad.

Nice job with Redline.

Sep 1, 2007
OK, so here's my performance of Redline. I would first like to state that I would have loved to do this for a live audience, however I was working off of my webcam and not a video camera, and it's parent's weekend here at Bard College, so not too many people are around. Second, I'd like to mention that this was a single take. Third (and this one's important), please don't judge me.

http://www.vimeo.com/2067164

Thanks.

P.S. For anyone who gives a damn, the final vanish is just sleeving. I know the webcam angle kind of helps me out on that one, but I just thought I'd clear that up, since it wasn't apparent when I watched it afterward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
Not fair? I agree, it's not fair to us to give away free stuff every single week, every single month. Not every SNC is going to appeal to everyone's personal tastes. Some are serious. Some are funny. Some are roundtable discussions. Some - like this one - are meant to encourage you to go out and perform.

If one week's SNC doesn't fit your fancy, there is no requirement to participate that week. Yes, you lose your chance at the prize, but it's not the end of the world, and there is always another contest the next week.

What is fair, though, is allowing our artists the opportunity to host contests like this where they (and we) give away free videos, decks, and prizes every week. These are artists that are taking time out of their day to interact with members from around the world - and engage in discussions, contests, and - like this one - giveaways.

For this week - even if you don't own Redline, make a parody video of D. Hauss and his stylish wardrobe. Be creative. And have fun with it.

How about you stop complaining about how much you give away compared to how much you get.

You make lots of money from selling DVD's and cards then start complaining about how *much* you give us. For crying out loud you gave us uncut sheets of cards. It may look cool but costs less because it's not cut.

Yes, you gave us a lot of cards and maybe a DVD every now and then, but that's not even in comparision to what you made from this site.

Sep 1, 2007
How about you stop complaining about how much you give away compared to how much you get.

You make lots of money from selling DVD's and cards then start complaining about how *much* you give us. For crying out loud you gave us uncut sheets of cards. It may look cool but costs less because it's not cut.

Yes, you gave us a lot of cards and maybe a DVD every now and then, but that's not even in comparision to what you made from this site.

Hey man, that's not cool.

Just think about what you're saying...

Mar 29, 2008
Sweet, I love redline, favorite product from here. I took this with a webcam(digital camera has no batteries) but the quality turned out rather good. Didnt perform this for a spectator, mainly cause I live out in the boonies and its 9:50 here. Aw well, enjoy.

http://www.vimeo.com/2067212

Sep 3, 2007

Please, like "mom & dad, you make so much money you should give me more of an allowance..." They don't have to give anything for free. And they certaintly don't need people to complain about fairness.

Jul 14, 2008
this isn't really the place for this but everyone needs to stop *****ing about how its unfair that we didn't get a 1 on 1 this week or the contest is unfair because its based on an effect thats sold here.... T11 is a business and when it comes down to it they don't owe anyone any free stuff and while they try to put out a 1 on 1 every week they don't have to for any reason, they do these things to try to keep their customers happy and i think everyone needs lay off when things don't go EXACTLY how you want them

Oct 28, 2007

damn how disrespectful i bet if you had a camera and redline you wouldn't be complaining.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada

You know my grandmother had a saying "If you spit up in Heaven it comes right back down"

-Michael

D

Deleted member 2755

Just sent a nice PM to Ampersan. :)

This thread has gotten off topic, let's try to get things back on track by taking about rainbows, butterflies, and the SNC. Thanks guys. ;)

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results