Saturday Night Contest : What You Think

we need a performance snc. give like till monday for people to go out and film a performance or something. really get to the crux of what magic is all about, not just creating and coming up with new effects or w/e, put the skills to use.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
I think, we should have a SNC in honour of the Harry Potter films considering that is very magic themed and, its downright awesome. We should have a Harry Potter Themed Magic Trick Contest. Use anything Harry Potter related- props,patter,plots,effects etc.

You guys should totally take this into consideration or else......................(<-- Now that is a variation!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 2, 2011
any trick (original or unoriginal) doesnt have to be with cards, anything! and the funniest wins

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
This might have been said already, but... Maybe you guys should extend the deadlines til Sunday night. I know it's a 'Saturday Night Contest' but a lot of people (myself included) have to work on Saturday night and don't get a chance to enter.

Just a though.

Nov 12, 2007
maybe the t11 artists can come up with a new original trick, film it, and have members guess the method, first to guess correctly wins!

Jun 5, 2010
Ideas:

Best way to achieve any spell used in Harry Potter
(ex. levitation, summoning, transfiguration stuff) just no unforgivable curses guys :p

Best live performance
(given the weekend, due to timing concerns for some)

Simplest eye-candy flourish, the simpler the better.

Just some thoughts - the prizes have all been great. I love the free cards, 1 on 1's whatever. All great =)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Tough to download the podcasts

I love listening to Podcasts at work on my Ipod. Why can't I find the theory11 podcasts on itunes?

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Magic often involves "thinking outside the box", but how about "thinking about the box"?

Find the most creative way to use a playing card box in a new way, without having to destroy or mutilate the box too much (the box should still resemble a playing card box for the most part).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results