The Magician Online is a live, interactive, online experience - in
the comfort of your own home. Starring Dan White. As seen by
Ashton Kutcher, Ariana Grande, Chris Rock, James Corden, Jessica
Alba, and President Clinton.
Here are my questions;
When you mess up a trick or effect how do you approach that?
Do you like the smell of a new deck of cards?
How do you approach a ton of skeptics over and over with tricks or effects and blowing their mind at the end?
Glad to be talking to one of the leading experts of Magic!
I have a question for you (obviously): What was your breakthrough, that made you recognizable all over the world? (or at least made you known by many)
What has been the craziest or hardest idea for a new magic effect in the past few years?
Is there a specific process you follow when creating new effects?
Which recently new magic would you consider the most innovative?
- Who is your favourite performer, and why?
- If you have the oportunity to perform for any person, who would that person be?
- What is your favourite type of magic? Stage, close-up, card magic, coin magic, etc.?
1) Most magicians became enamored with the magic at a young age. Can you describe your first encounter with illusion and how it managed to grab a hold of you?
2) Comedians are famous for referring to "tough crowds". As a magician, what kinds of audiences have you found to be the most difficult and easiest to entertain?
3) A common practice in the auto industry called "badge engineering" involves selling identical cars under different labels. Can you talk about the importance of showmanship by magicians to differentiate themselves in an industry where many of the illusions are identical?
1) Practicing the sleight of hand and misdirection behind magic takes a lot of time. If you could turn all the time you've spent on magic into time spent practicing another skill, what would it be and why?
2) Do you have a standby effect that you've found yourself returning to over and over again throughout the years? If so, what about it is so appealing to your style?
3) What is the most memorable reaction you've received while performing magic and why?
1. Do you consider yourself to be a born magician?
2. Was there a moment when you really struggled in your magic career and almost had to give up hope?
3. Is to be a magician like you are currently, your original dream and if no why did you pick this line?
By the way congratulations for your new TV special and thank you for this round table discussion.