Saturday Night Contest - Your Favorite Harry Potter!

Dec 3, 2018
I loved the book The Order Of The Phoenix. I never read them as a kid when they were released but read them as an adult and wish I would have been in on it from the beginning. I felt like the earlier books were a lot more whimsical and fun and this was a big turning point in the series where everything got darker and the stakes were much higher

Dec 5, 2021
The prisoner of Azkaban is by far one of the more interesting Harry Potter movies out there. I love the whole series but there's just something about that movie. First time I watched it I was so fascinated by the animated newspaper images.
+ The book is also very good, really there's nothing negative I can say about both the book & the movie.

Dec 5, 2021
For a friend’s birthday each year, his mom would take a group of friends to see the movies. I only went to be part of the group, but once I saw the third movie I was hooked. The story was so good! After that I read all the 1-4 as fast as possible and went to the midnight releases of the next books and movies. The third will always be my favorite movie but the sixth book is my favorite because the entire story speeds up and you learn so much about Voldemort’s past. These cards are awesome!!

Sleck

Elite Member
Nov 26, 2017
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for sure! It was the first one that kicked it all off, it was new and refreshing with an extremely engaging story. Watching this film for the first time as a kid in the theater absolutely blew my mind. The most memorable scene was definitely when they revealed Voldemort living in the back of Quirrell's head!

May 8, 2021
For me it is the Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. It was the first movie I have ever seen in the cinema, so it is kind of special for me. I also love that in this movie it is not all just about the three main heros, but all the good characters fight together against evil for the first time.

rob_tabris

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2011
I think "Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban" is one of the best, if not THE best, movies of all the series... The characters develope and the growth from hate to love, the way the alliances become stronger, and how the menace and the villains start to feel even closer, it's a great way to capture the audience...

Sep 23, 2021
Prisoner of Azkaban is absolutely one of the best in the series. There's great plot twists. I enjoy how Harry really grows as a man and a wizard.

Davis West

Elite Member
Dec 26, 2013
I have to say my favorite is Deathly Hallows Part 2. I have such a vivid memory of seeing it the fist time in theaters. I hadn’t read any of the books (for some stupid reason) so I had ZERO idea how it would end. I ended up seeing it two more times in Theaters after that.

ShekC

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2014
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

It’s my favourite because of Sirius Black. The film became darker and grittier, which made it more interesting.

Sep 3, 2007
France
Prisoner of Azkaban movie here.
Loved the dark, grim atmosphere, and i can't say Sirius ain't dope, he's awesome 😀

Dec 2, 2017
My favorite is Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone. This is the first book from the series. That remainds me when i was yonger I dreamming to recive the letter from Hogwart and learn the magic:p

Nov 13, 2019
Gotta love the quidditch. My favourite scene as a kid, I remeber being a young age and not understanding anything but loving the game!

philip M

Elite Member
May 20, 2015
My favorite experience with Harry Potter would visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at universal in Orlando. Seeing how they brought this magical world to life was amazing. Some great tricks and illusions were used that made it really memorable and definitely did the books and films justice.

Dec 4, 2018
My favorite would probably be The Deathly Hallows (part one and two). The first HP film came out when I was in elementary school and then the last one came out when I was in high school, so it was like growing up with them
and having it come to an end was really emotional for me. My favorite part of any story is always the ending, especially if you're in it for the long haul and it wraps up perfectly.

Reactions: CWhite

Gosh_Josh

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Indiana
Although I have yet to read the books, my favorite Harry Potter film in the series is probably The Prizoner of Azkaban. The directing style in this one is just so unique and I feel really set the tone for the rest of the movies.

Djordje

Elite Member
Dec 3, 2012
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 because it's such a good set up for the final movie where we get the big reveal.

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Now, I would say my favorite is the "Lego Harry Potter years 1-4" Video game, but the Goblet of Fire movie alone is just historically great art. The best part by far is the infamous viral video meme that spun off of it. The classic "Dumbledore asked calmly" youtube video is the greatest YT Haiku ever (yes I will debate you on this), and just seals the bow on the present for me

Reactions: JoshL8

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
Now, I'll take some heat for this lol... never seen any of them. Haven't even read any of the books.
I Will say though, the ride at Universal Studios is top notch... giant spider come down, had me feeling all kinda ways. My 16 yr old son at the time screamed so loud I thought it was my daughter.
The whole setup they did for that park is remarkable. Apparently down to the smallest details.
That is uhh.. all I got, so good luck to everyone.
Cheers!!
I rode that ride with my oldest son, at his request 2x in a row….holy heck I’m glad I didn’t throw up🤣. It’s quite “gimbly”.

Reactions: CWhite
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results