Saturday Night Roundtable - Andy Nyman!

Sep 2, 2007
London
The work you've done with Derren could be seen as transcending traditional magic, as it blurs the line between genuine psychology and trickery. Do you think that there are other scientific disciplines, which, if exploited as a framework for magic, would have the same air of realism as Mr Brown's shows and character have?

Mar 5, 2012
Wow, I love Andy Nyman!
Hmm, So you've had a very successful career in general and gained lots of experience throughout this. Based on this experience if you could offer 1 piece of advice to young magicians what would it be?

Nov 17, 2010
Does your mom ever get tired and annoyed when you say, "hey mom wanna see a trick?"
And
Does your mom ever say, "Darren, Darren strong and able, get your cards of the table."
W

Nov 17, 2010
Does your mom ever get tired and annoyed when you say, "hey mom wanna see a trick?"
And
Does your mom ever say, "Darren, Darren strong and able, get your cards of the table."
W

Sorry I meant *Andy (for some reason my mind was stuck on Darren)

Feb 4, 2008
The reviews seemed to indicate that "Ghost Story" was one of the most terrifying plays brought to the London Stage. I think that most would agree that truly scaring people is a much more difficult prospect in a stage play than on the big screen. How did your work as a magician, mentalist, and magic creator help to prepare you for the production of Ghost Story?

"Black Death" was a a very intelligent thriller. Even at the end of the movie I was left wondering who was right, who was wrong, and who the "good guys" were. Your character could have easily been portrayed as a witless thug or a simple victim and yet you brought a lot of depth and bravery to that role. Was the role originally written with such depth or is building that depth part of your job as an actor?

Being a "Sharpe" fan I have to ask....what is it like to work with Sean Bean?

rob_tabris

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2011
Hello Mr. Nyman... I want to ask:
- What was the strangest reaction of the audience seeing your performance?
- Who is your favourite performer alive?
- And, when you started with magic, did you ever think you could reach this far?

rob_tabris

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2011
Hello Mr. Nyman... I want to ask:
- What was the strangest reaction of the audience seeing your performance?
- Who is your favourite performer alive?
- And, when you started with magic, did you ever think you could reach this far?

yoman125

Elite Member
Dec 20, 2010
Jakarta+Singapore
1. Since you are the co-creator, producer and writer for Derren Brown TV show, what make you create such fresh idea that never bored the audience?
2. What is the most important thing you need to know as a Mentalist?
3. How did you meet Derren? How long did you guys known each other? How did you guys get together? There is no many mentalist out there, why did you choose Derren?

Feb 20, 2011
Do you feel that being an actor helped you being better and more confident in your magic presantations?
Is it more difficult to act in a magic trick/presentation or in a movie?

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
1. If you could pick Any stage-name, what would it be
2. Of all the other art forms, which one do you think magic relates closest to?
3. If you weren't a magician, and didn't discover magic...Where would you be right now?

Ps- South Africa, Algeria, Nigeria and Egypt are collectively called Sane. It would be awesome if you'll filmed there, that way you could film Insane in SANE! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 4, 2012
Why did you choose theory11 as opposed to other companies to sell your effect insane?
What do you think is going well in magic?
Has magic made you think differently about life?

Oct 17, 2010
Athens, Greece
What do you consider yourself? An actor? A writer? A director? Or magician?
Also, have you ever thought of a way to combine all your talents?

Good luck in your future with theory11, I can't wait for your project.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results