• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Hello,

I am curious to know if there is a large population of mentally ill card handlers or even magicians in general for that matter? I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia some time ago(roughly 2008). This is a question that has been on my mind for some time now, but just got around to having the courage of posting. I know that this illness is much more common than anyone would think. I have not come across any schizophrenic card handlers yet. I have heard of Richard Turner who is blind and also has a black belt in Martial Arts. I am also open to questions regarding my diagnosis. I know for a fact that I am not the only Schizophrenic person on this forum. So I will make this easier, Ill do a poll. I want to get an idea of what percentage of people on this forum suffer from this diagnosis.

Dec 6, 2015
Canada
I think it might be hard to get an accurate percentage since a small portion of all users actually vote in polls, and if they have been diagnosed a lot of them might not want to make it public.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I think it might be hard to get an accurate percentage since a small portion of all users actually vote in polls, and if they have been diagnosed a lot of them might not want to make it public.

I just posted this thread out of total curiosity. It doesn't show who is voting on the poll, it simply shows a number. Trust me I don't like airing out my dirty laundry either, but sometimes you have to in order to wear a clean clothes the next day. I feel that now that this is off my chest I can move forward. Plus who knows maybe someone will come forward who has been diagnosed and I can make a new friend.

Reactions: Justin.Morris
Oct 19, 2015
Problem is most physiatrists cannot agree on what is and what is not a 'mental illness'! I think most would agree that most forms of Schizophrenia would qualify, but what about Depression, Dementia, Paranoia, etc. I think the whole science is filled with 'gray' areas, therefore statistical data would be impossible to find.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
But hey. Regardless of diagnosis; I see that you joined back in 2013. Thanks for coming back to this great community of ours!

We have some great people here and hopefully we can help you along the way

Thanks for the kind words Brett. Yeah, I joined back in 2013 and don't regret the day I started doing business with Theory11. The community is always full of new ideas and helpful people such as yourself. ;)

Apr 16, 2015
Hey! I am a young magician and I am actually writing this from a psych ward. You have friends among the magic community. But yes we are out there. And this is the most exciting thing that has happened to me since I've been here and I do hope to hear from you.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Hey! I am a young magician and I am actually writing this from a psych ward. You have friends among the magic community. But yes we are out there. And this is the most exciting thing that has happened to me since I've been here and I do hope to hear from you.

Nice to hear that I've inspired at least one soul. I've been there as well, except where I am from they are called In-patient Mental Health Units. However, I hope you do get better just take your medication and as Brett said get better!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results