School's Started... Share

So now that school has started for most of us... and work, share your performances stories from school, I have yet to get any because I'm getting used to college and my classes, school is always first for me, but let's hear some school performance stories from the new year.

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I too just started college last month. I haven't had much opprotunity to perform for any of the students there, but I'm sure that will change once I have aclimated myself to the new environment.

I can't wait to walk up and down campus with a deck of gaurdians and tons of knowledge to use.

Shane K.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
School doesnt start till weds.

But i am popular there.

If you come to bainbridge even people who work at the docks have heard about me.

I will let you know what happens asap =)

~Jordan

I just started my senior year a couple weeks ago... In high school. This is a new school for me, and quite a population jump. My last school was 350 kids and this one is close to 3000. My goal is to be known for my magic. I mean, EVERYONE. I've started with some ambitious card, and other various card tricks, and I'm known by people in my classes, but now I have to start going around at lunch.

S

sidrohc

I go back this wednesday and I am planning on doing some coin stuff, stigmata, and probably pen through dollar (or paper).

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
School starts on Tuesday for me, senior year for me too. I think I'll try and make more of a rep for me this year. It'll be easier a lot of people know me for magic around my school.

Sep 2, 2007
First week of the semester, Gambit and I went out to try some of the new mentalism effects we'd been learning about all summer, particularly in the area of suggestion. The results were fantastic, as Gambit himself will attest. These two girls were literally almost in tears by the end (in a good way!). Needless to say, we left them with huge grins on our faces.

Sep 1, 2007
well, not at school, but I performed for some peeps at church and they were really impressed..

I did a little routine, where I make a coin appear, then disappear, then disappear, etc. pretty short, but got great reactions!

I just moved in with my dad and had to change schools so I know absolutely no one there. That means fresh start! We started school last month so I've already performed quite a bit around the school. I don't take my cards to school because I want my audience to think I came completely un-prepared and can just pick up someting and do something incredible with it.

Stuff like Self Tying Shoelaces, Pucture, No. 2 Pencil, SLAM!, Greed, Revolution, Disjointed. Things like that. I play for the football team and I guess it got around to the coaches I do magic and they called me in and asked me to do some magic for them. I did a variation of the Criss Angel Lev. and they freakin flipped man. It was halarious.

Magic is a great way to meet new people and make new freinds. It's probrably not a good idea to do magic in the middle in class though, but like in between classes and during lunch and after or before school are the best times to do your magic. School is a great place to test your new effects on before you use them in public performance...but I still miss summer :(.

Sep 2, 2007
So now that school has started for most of us... and work, share your performances stories from school, I have yet to get any because I'm getting used to college and my classes, school is always first for me, but let's hear some school performance stories from the new year.

Mitchell

Our school started last Wednesday.

Here's my first-performance-of-the-school-year story...... This was in a World
Studies Honor class.... The teacher had finished early and basically, the class
was sitting there talking. I didn't have my
deck with me (which was pretty frustrating), but I started off with one coin.

Basically, I asked a guy in the class if he had a coin I could borrow..... and that
I was trying to test some sort of crazy "connection" with metal.

To start, I did a simple retention vanish and brought the coin out of someone's
ear (yes that classical trick), which INSTANTLY had the few people
around me into the crowd. At this point, I was just trying to capture attention
and draw more people in.

Eventually, when the ENTIRE class (including the teacher) was watching with
pin-drop silence, I borrowed 3 more coins, still keeping it simple with a modified
matrix using cut sheets of paper as the "cards." The reactions were what I call
the usual excitement (as in laughing in disbelief, commotion, etc), nothing
extremely dramatic.

We had about 5 minutes left, so I launched into the second version of
Stigmata as my closer (I actually use Stigmata a lot to close because there are
VERY few effects to top it). I returned the four coins and transitioned with:
"Hmmmm...... a connection between me and the COINS DEFINITELY seems to
exist..... (thus, the manipulation)....... but a connection with me and another
person's THOUGHTS would be insane.

I ran through stigmata on a girl in the class (I usually use girls for this
effect because they seem to "connect" more and have WAY better reactions
than guys)...... When she saw the initials on my arm..... I swear I could've
counted at least 10 seconds in which she just looked at it in complete silence.

It was like that moment of astonishment Paul describes in his AoA series.....and
it was awesome.

Now the funny part is, that even the TEACHER reacted just like the kids in the class,
as if she temporarily forgot her role......

That took forever to type out, I tried going into as much detail as possible,
hopefully some of you guys may have even derived ideas out of it..... It was
definitely one of my better performances and a great way to start the year.

-Jiten

Sep 2, 2007
ughh, school starts on tuesday for me. sucks to live in canada (school wise),

in my school i've made quite the reputation. it's not BIG and it's not small, just around my grade level (going into gr.7). i've freaked out alot of people.
before the summer i was scared to start presenting to people. but the sense of accomplishment drives me. i guess it's like people on drugs. once you start, your hooked. and there is nothing that can stop you.(unless you go to rehab). my main focus this year with magic is basically learn little, but perfect what i know. that way i can make my own variations of tricks to do to people at school.

wayne houchin's Stigmata is my favorite so far. I just ordered Distortion. it will also be a hit at school.

can't wait, i'll be one of the most popular kid's at school!

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Just starting out...

Hey guys,
I've only been doing magic for a little over a year, and it is so much fun... I'm at the point where I almost have to force my parents to watch a trick because I'm constantly showing them stuff. More recently, I've been trying to get up the nerve to do some magic for complete strangers, and I've still got a lot to learn. So...

I'm sitting at a table in the cafeteria during breakfast with not a whole lot to do... As I reach into my pocket, I feel the familiar texture of a box of red-backed Bicycles just begging for attention. I scan around the room just watching kids sitting down, chatting with their friends, and my heart begins pounding. About ten minuites go by and I finally get up and ask a group of kids if they mind me sitting at their table... I introduce myself and start things off with a simple Ambitious Card Routine. I get surprisingly good reactions- better than what I expected. Then, right about the time I start to run out of moves, one guy yells over to his friend about two tables over, "Dude! You've got to check this out! This kid is good!" Then his friend invites me over to his table to see exactly what I had been doing... The instant he sees his signed card jump to the top, the insanity starts. The entire table errupts into a wall of noise. People couldn't believe it. They were snatching the cards away convinced it was a trick deck. By that time, other tables around had heard the commotion, and wondered what was going on. Before I knew it, I had the entire cafeteria's attention in the palm of my hand... I guess when you leave the cafeteria and have people chanting "Magic Matt! Magic Matt!" it's kinda hard to give up such a great feeling... Needless to say, I was on top of the world.

Thanks for reading,

-Matt

First week of the semester, Gambit and I went out to try some of the new mentalism effects we'd been learning about all summer, particularly in the area of suggestion. The results were fantastic, as Gambit himself will attest. These two girls were literally almost in tears by the end (in a good way!). Needless to say, we left them with huge grins on our faces.

Yes, Bill, that day was crazy, we were doing some blindfold work, some mind reading that was too close too the real thing, and a ton of suggestion/mind control stuff.

That was a blast.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
I did 2cm to a guy on the bus the other day. He was a big bloke, a gangster type rapper with big clothes and an even bigger build. I had him hold the cards the entire time, and gave him 20 bucks to look at.

"If you get this right, the money is yours."

I pulled the two queens out of my pocket, and the dude literally was in shock. Speechless. Well for at least a few seconds. Then he started laughing hysterically. It was a great moment because right then, at that moment, he completely let his guard down, and was just completely absrobed by the moment.

That was one of my favourite pieces I've done at college, simply for the complete out-of-character look on his face.

Ty

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I did 2cm to a guy on the bus the other day. He was a big bloke, a gangster type rapper with big clothes and an even bigger build. I had him hold the cards the entire time, and gave him 20 bucks to look at.

"If you get this right, the money is yours."

I pulled the two queens out of my pocket, and the dude literally was in shock. Speechless. Well for at least a few seconds. Then he started laughing hysterically. It was a great moment because right then, at that moment, he completely let his guard down, and was just completely absrobed by the moment.

That was one of my favourite pieces I've done at college, simply for the complete out-of-character look on his face.

Ty

That is a great idea. Mind if I steal it from you?

Sep 1, 2007
i havent performened yet but also with shcool its hard for me to practice as much so i pretty much just practice an the weekends.

Aug 31, 2007
Maine, USA
Today I brought greed to school and I was performing it to a couple of my friends and i just changed it to the 20, and looked at them and all of there jaws were dropped, then my teacher came in, and she asked me to perform it for the whole class.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results