Shadows

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
ajajajajaajjajajajajjajajjajajajajaajaajajajajaj NO WHERE !!! the closest thing you can get to shadows is probably the haunted deck!! or spooked look those up man but come on ajajajajajaja

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You can't learn it. The effect is unpublished, it's Teller's signature effect, and it very likely won't ever be published. The second person you referenced created his own version. Shadows is a beautiful effect. If you really like it, create your own method.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Teller has been performing Shadows for ages and it is his signature effect.
NO ONE knows exactly how to do it. Some people probably do but it is a well kept secret.
Its a beautiful effect.
The other guy just figured it out.
Do so yourself as well.

Sep 20, 2008
i understand that this cant be learned anywhere- but i somehow didnt get the last part. what was the point of smearing his blood on the canvas?

Jan 21, 2009
God...I love Shadows. Thanks for reminding me of this.

The last part, if you watch carefully, isn't just him smearing blood. He accidentally cuts himself, and when he places his hand on the canvas, there is a shadow left of the blood dripping from his hand. He then smears the blood from his hand in a final melodramatic wave, that Teller guy, he does. *nodnod*

Jan 18, 2008
somewhere
GAHHHHH! I GOT EXCITED FOR NOTHING! this trick is beautifully astonishing! i will search the darkest abysses of the internet to find out how =]

thanx for the help everyone

gavinross

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
toledo, ohio
Ok, someone prove me wrong, b/c it seems obvious how its done. But as Penn said "no one will ever figure this out.." so it cant be this easy, but this is my theory. Its just a gimmicked plant, which is timed to drop peddles when Teller wants it to, timed such that it drops the peddles when Teller brings the knife to the shadow. I dont think its any more or any less than that. Of course there is a dualality to this effect, both the magical aspect and a sense of art but it's the latter hits me the hardest. Yea, its a magic effect, but its the art that people remember.

PS - Feel free to delete the post if this is exposure, if anyone knows for sure :p

Sep 20, 2008
Could be.

But this is one of 'those' effects.

The kind where you dont want to reverse engineer it, and simply sit back and watch it unfold.

I loved it. though honestly, the ending confused me a bit. (Which was promptly corrected earlier on, so s'all good.)

Oct 18, 2008
I can tell you, seeing this done live is truely REAL MAGIC! such a great piece of art, i saw them in November here in Canada and let me say, everybody was talking about it after the show!:)

Robert.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
GAHHHHH! I GOT EXCITED FOR NOTHING! this trick is beautifully astonishing! i will search the darkest abysses of the internet to find out how =]

thanx for the help everyone

Do not steal others work. You look like a hack and will get no respect in the community.

It is a well known fact in fact, that if someone rips ME off, they find their kneecaps magically shattered. (Grin)

Jan 18, 2008
somewhere
Do not steal others work. You look like a hack and will get no respect in the community.

It is a well known fact in fact, that if someone rips ME off, they find their kneecaps magically shattered. (Grin)

look like a hack? you dont even know me! dont assume anything bud.

cheers.....?

I don't think he was referring to you as a hack now, but if you were to figure out a method to perform this trick, no not trick, Illusion and perform it in a show, you would look like a hack. IDK that is just how I interpreted the post.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results