Shapeshifter 40% Off On Ellusionist

Apr 26, 2009
Sydney, Straya
Hey Guys,

I had a quick question.

I am new to magic (2 months) and have learnt the shapeshifter move, doing it now and then, although not perfectly.

I was just wondering if this DVD is worth the purchase (given it's on sale as well), giving insight that kids on youtube wont give you?

Cheers, Aaron

Ok..... Here we go.

First of all, I'll forgive you seeing as you're new to magic, but getting tutorials off youtube is very very frowned upon amongst magicians.

Second, sure. Get the DVD if it's something you're interested in. It's a great change, especially for beginners.

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
As most would agree here... learning from YouTube is harmful to both the magic community and you for various reasons. You can search for the "why" in this forum. One of the reasons it effects you directly is because almost all of the tutorials on YouTube are teaching the slights wrong. It is much better to learn from the source. (e.g. books and dvds produced by respectable professional magicians) So yes, get the shape shifter, it's a great deal!

Apr 26, 2009
Sydney, Straya
Thanks for the reply's.

I knew youtube was frowned upon, and I totally understand why as watching the videos....i wont go into it, you know what I mean.

Purchased and downloading shapeshifter as I type.

Cheers guys.

Sep 20, 2008
Just to chip in: i learned the shapeshifter off youtube, and thus i have always performed it using a left-handed grip.

i am right handed, therefore the deck would be placed in my left hand normally, but i learned shapeshifter the WRONG way, and therefore i would need to place the deck in my RIGHT hand in order to do Shapeshifter.

What are the downsides? Go nuts with it. I have to continuously be concious of which hand i place the deck in order to do the shapeshifter, i cant do it in a solid Colour changing routine as im switching deck placements, etc. Lots of downsides for a small mistake.

May 4, 2009
These youtube tutorials are basically just a menace that clutters up youtube and makes it harder to find good videos of people performing good magic tricks.

The "tutorials" I have seen are mostly kids who can not even perform the trick themselves.

There are some professional tutorials on magic made that are specifically made to be posted on youtube, but for very basic stuff. Like disappearing toothpick. The kind of tricks in the back of Criss Angel autobiography.

May 4, 2009
I got the shapeshifter DVD. The move is awesome. I think it is easier than a classic color change. I can do it better than the classic color change, and I have been practicing that move for weeks.

DeSouva shows you six moves (color changes, double lifts and steals). However he moves extremely fast.

After that Brad Christian explains shapeshifter in more detail and shows it many times in slow motion.

He then shows you how to use shapeshifter to do tricks with Gaff cards by demonstrating "Gypsy burn." It is pretty cool and he says the gaff card he uses "comes with every black deck." I can only assume he means the tiger deck. I have several tiger decks and none of them have the gaff card. I posted a question about that part over at ellusionist.

Shapeshifter as a move I definately love. The DVD could have been a lot better. DeSouva doesn't come of as a very good instructor. In fact, one of the other color changes DeSouva total botches it one of the times he demonstrates it. You'd think they would have edited that out!

There is a commercial at the end of shapeshifter for a self-levitation called Aliun. It looks phenomenal. Apparently it was never actually released.

May 4, 2009
Apparantly the gaff card for gypsy burn was removed from the tiger deck so it could have two advertisement cards instead of just one.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results