Should I get Angle Z?

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Is Angle Z worth it? Because I'm pretty sure I understand the basics of the method and I can already see hundreds of possibilities for the effect. I know it's an old trick and most of these trick have probably been exhausted but is the trick worth buying? Is there another torn piece to impossible location trick that you'd say is better? Thanks!

Oct 23, 2014
Hey Antonio, I purchased Angle Z soon after it released. Like you I understood the basic method, but there was one particular (auditory) detail I didn’t understand, and so I purchased anyway. Was it worth it? Hard to say. It was necessary for me—may not be necessary for you.

I will say, I think it’s inckuded in Ellusionist’s new magic streaming service. So rather than dropping $20 or whatever on just that effect, you could subscribe to their streaming for a month, learn it (and probably a few other effects) and unsubscribe when you’re done. It’s only $13 for a month.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Hey Antonio, I purchased Angle Z soon after it released. Like you I understood the basic method, but there was one particular (auditory) detail I didn’t understand, and so I purchased anyway. Was it worth it? Hard to say. It was necessary for me—may not be necessary for you.

I will say, I think it’s inckuded in Ellusionist’s new magic streaming service. So rather than dropping $20 or whatever on just that effect, you could subscribe to their streaming for a month, learn it (and probably a few other effects) and unsubscribe when you’re done. It’s only $13 for a month.
I could totally see myself using this but I just wanted opinions from people who have used it before and the kind of reaction they get.

Thank you!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The reactions other people got are kind of irrelevant, really. Unless you're going to copy them (that's not an accusation, btw, that's just the only way you'd get the same reactions)

My guideline for purchases is basically this:
1) Do I have a way I could put this into my show right now?
1a) Is that idea better than what I already have in my show?
2) Is it interesting enough that it's worth purchasing just to find out the method?
3) Am I likely to get something out of the product even if I hate the method and will never use it?

Most products don't make it past 1.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Jun 18, 2017
It’s worth subscribing to magic stream for a month and and getting it there. I wasn’t a fan of the instruction personally.

The method is probably what you think it is. Unless you need madison showing you ten ways of having the corner appear in incredibly illogical and increasingly farcical places (look, take that bottle out of the trach there, no not that one, no the big one, yeah that one, now take off the label, wowzers) then best stream it.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The reactions other people got are kind of irrelevant, really. Unless you're going to copy them (that's not an accusation, btw, that's just the only way you'd get the same reactions)

My guideline for purchases is basically this:
1) Do I have a way I could put this into my show right now?
1a) Is that idea better than what I already have in my show?
2) Is it interesting enough that it's worth purchasing just to find out the method?
3) Am I likely to get something out of the product even if I hate the method and will never use it?

Most products don't make it past 1.

This is a good thought process, I'm going to include mine here.

1. Do I have a way I can start doing this; in my show, in my walk around sets or casually
a. Do I know enough about what the trick requires that I can reasonably do what I intend to do with it?
b. If I already know the method, and I'm going to do it, I owe it to the artist to buy it from them
2. Could this be of worth to me as a magic student?
a. Is there a new method or psychological ploy used?
b. Is it possible that knowing this method would enhance my other magic?
3. Will I have time to give this new effect the time it deserves to perform it well and make it worth my money?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
If you are going to purchase Angle Z and you like Daniel Madison check out his Book Anthology. In this book you get the majority of Madison's major releases in written form, including Angle Z.

Alternatively, regarding Angle Z, there is some controversy as to who actually created it. Jay Sankey published a variation on the trick around the same time Madison published the trick. All this to say, Jay has a lot of work on this effect. He focuses on easy ways to make the corner appear in the most incredible places.

Other variations worth looking at are by Justin Miller, and Jesse Feinburg.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
If you are going to purchase Angle Z and you like Daniel Madison check out his Book Anthology. In this book you get the majority of Madison's major releases in written form, including Angle Z.

Alternatively, regarding Angle Z, there is some controversy as to who actually created it. Jay Sankey published a variation on the trick around the same time Madison published the trick. All this to say, Jay has a lot of work on this effect. He focuses on easy ways to make the corner appear in the most incredible places.

Other variations worth looking at are by Justin Miller, and Jesse Feinburg.
In your opinion, what’s the best variation on the market right now?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Jeff Stone has a pretty cool variation where the corner appears in a sealed pill box that I find is pretty good as well.

Yeah, Jay first published it in his Underground Jam, Jeff Stone had a guest role on it. It's not surprise that he has a variation, he's a creative guy and he's my neighbor ;) (NAME DROP!)

Jay Sankey has the best work on it in my opinion. I don't think he's currently selling it. There are a few versions available on his Inside Deception website.

Jesse's is taught on his at the table lecture but it's not crazy thorough.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
Yeah, Jay first published it in his Underground Jam, Jeff Stone had a guest role on it. It's not surprise that he has a variation, he's a creative guy and he's my neighbor ;) (NAME DROP!)

Jay Sankey has the best work on it in my opinion. I don't think he's currently selling it. There are a few versions available on his Inside Deception website.

Jesse's is taught on his at the table lecture but it's not crazy thorough.
So Jay Sankey and Jeff Stone then?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results