Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone is interested in a thread of show and tell. All you have to do is post a picture of the most important part of your magic life and in a sentence or two explain why. I'll start.
This is a painting of a Jack of Clubs(my favorite card), I painted this using acrylic paint it measures about 15"x22". It is the most important part of my magic because whenever I walk into my room I am reminded of what is important to me.

Jack of Clubs.jpg

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
That's a great paining, I was wondering why your avatar was just of a jack. Truth be told, I thought it was actually a scan of a card, not a painting.

All right. I took a picture of this a while back:

https://instagram.com/p/8gqfdhQOE3/

Yes, it's a combined tote-and-table for camping.
At least that's what it's advertised for.
I got it because it could hold an entire magic show AND have a built-in table.

Before acquiring the camping tote-and-table, I felt like a hack with a bunch of props.
Even though I want to perform at the children's hospital with nothing but props; having the table built up right they're in the middle of the living room made me feel, 'Oh my god, this plan is going to happen'. It really drove the point home that I'm trying to do a good thing, and I get reminded of that every time I see it in the office.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Yeah , it took me a couple of weeks to complete. Anyway, you mentioned performing in a children's hospital in another post. Do you get a lot of gigs that via hospital work? Do you do it for charity or do you get paid? Either way is cool. I do something that a lot of magicians would frown upon which is perform in basically a vacuum(I mean ocassionally I'll show my psychiatrist my ACR or something like that but for the most part.....you get the idea) :). It's funny because I watched an interview a while back between Michael Ammar and Dan Harlan, and in it Michael Ammar mentions that magic isn't something that should be done alone , the real magic happens in the spectators eyes.....which is very true.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Yeah , it took me a couple of weeks to complete. Anyway, you mentioned performing in a children's hospital in another post. Do you get a lot of gigs that via hospital work? Do you do it for charity or do you get paid? Either way is cool. I do something that a lot of magicians would frown upon which is perform in basically a vacuum(I mean ocassionally I'll show my psychiatrist my ACR or something like that but for the most part.....you get the idea) :). It's funny because I watched an interview a while back between Michael Ammar and Dan Harlan, and in it Michael Ammar mentions that magic isn't something that should be done alone , the real magic happens in the spectators eyes.....which is very true.

I haven't performed yet. Part of it is me my not having all the specific props required, another is the practice and knowledge with one of the pieces.
I have a VERY specific idea of what I want to use and how to do it. I'm close to there.

I want to perform just for charity--just for the kids there. Of the people in the world that NEED magic in their lives, kids in a hospital rank pretty high on the list. A kid in the hospital is probably having the worst day of their life arriving there and being there. Worse if they are there constantly.

The way I want to do it. I want kids to be DOING the magic. Being able to do impossible things in a place where they may feel helpless in front of doctors, their peers, everyone.

Eventually I want to branch out to retirement homes and shelters. But I think the children's hospital is a great place and a safe environment to start.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
it is the books which are a constant source of inspiration.

You had me at hello... Steinmeyer, Bannon, Gustaferro, Giobbi, Aragon, Trost, Scarne and Stars of Magic. :cool:

I have to install some additional shelving this weekend to expand my magic closet. I'll post a picture then.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results