Smoke and Mirrors First Edition on eBay, worth it?

May 19, 2011
I only own the green Smoke and mirrors so far, the V4 if I'm not wrong.

I always wanted to buy the first edition, and now I found an interesting auction on ebay starting at 71$, I don't know what's the reserve price, but it looks interesting to me.

there is the auction, I don't know if this is against forum rules, if so feel free to delete it

-> Smoke and mirrors Auction

What I Ask to you guys, are those 2 decks worth this price? Or if someone can tell me what's the right price to pay for those.

P.s. There is also a strange card with a fish apparently self-printed?Or something else I don't know.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
V1 are ranging between $90 and $130 at the moment. It's worth it if you're a card collector but maybe not worth it if you actually want to use them, depends how rich you are.

If it is a scam like Casey said then under the ebay terms you can file for a refund as in the description it specifically says they are the DnD cards.

May 19, 2011
Thanks for your replies, Are there any cases of people buying fake D&D cards? Like those fake nuggets sold on ebay last year?
I never thought those could be fake 'cause I never heard of fake Smoke and Mirrors decks, anyway I'll see where the auction goes and then I'll try to make an offer between $90 and $130.

Honestly the auction may go as high as $150. I've yet to see a v1 set sell for less than $100, which is what v2/3 sets are selling for now.

That looks legitimate. As stated, that is a lighting glare, not a squared off thumb hole.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
You really don't need more photos. They look real and you're covered by ebay terms and conditions if they're fake.

Dec 3, 2008
I'm the one selling those , and yes they are real, the extra card is one printed by myself on a white bicycle card, the card have the back of the Smoke deck, but it isn't actually usable, in fact into the auction I wrote that is for collectionists, it can be plastified if requested, or will come with a little plastic bag.

I do not think someone remember about me , but I'm an old user, you can contact me with a pm message for a private offer.

p.s. Vanished Man if you want to receive more photos contact me on ebay

Regards

Leon

Dec 3, 2008
Is there a place where to sell our stuff on T11? I do think this topic is in the wrong section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2010
The topic is in the right place, as it is asking for opinions on whether or not to buy the deck. Leonhart, your posts... weren't really. There isn't a "for-sale" section on t11. I'm pretty sure you could get away with just telling the winner to email you or something.

And, as far as what Mehar said goes, I took a look at the forum rules just now. They say this:

jonraiker said:
On TRADING/SELLING MATERIAL:
This is a place to discuss magic. We’d prefer that you keep all trading and selling of personal items to other venues. Few people would like to know about your eBay auction for a Chicken McNugget that strangely resembles Chris Kenner’s profile. Actually, I’m lying. That would be insane. I’d bid on it. But a slightly used Invisible Deck? Not so much.

The seller isn't really outright advertising his product here, rather, offering an incentive to members of this forum. So I'm not sure what a mod would do about that.

Dec 3, 2008
Thank you both for your replies, I edited the post where I was offering a bonus for the forum members.

Anyway this auction is over , if someone is interested feel free to contact me privately.

Leon

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results