Smoke & Mirrors : A Cordial Invitation :: Friday, Aug. 1

Sep 1, 2007
Why do you not find the Ds interesting? The Ds have a double meaning, not only stand for Dan and Dave but the Ds are actually meant to represent 2 old fashioned mirrors magicians used to use on stage standing in front of each other. They have a double meaning. It's not like they just slapped their logo on it. Where do you think they came up with the idea? They're mirroring mirrors, not just a D! That's why it's frustrating me. Am I the only one who notices and understands that the Ds are supposed to also be mirrors?

Actually they are just 2 D's that have been horizontally flipped in a basic font. But obviously I'm just a sheep because I don't share your opinion.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
haha this week should be interesting. with everyone getting their cards there will be a lot of comments on how everyone is loving playing with a pair of "double d's"

sorry, couldn't resist

D

Deleted member 2755

haha this week should be interesting. with everyone getting their cards there will be a lot of comments on how everyone is loving playing with a pair of "double d's"

sorry, couldn't resist

I see a funny pattern here. People complain about the D's. "THEY RUIN THE CARDS!" Then people order them anyway despite the fact they hate the look. Then all of a sudden "THESE CARDS ROCK! THEY LOOK SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER IN PERSON!" Then they write reviews to be able to be the first ones to do so yet those reviews mean nothing to me because they only had the cards for 2 hours yet they are writing reviews. ;) I won't lie I was planning on doing some first impressions, but people are already calling their first impressions actual reviews.:rolleyes:

-Doug

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
JetEyeNight you are right! From the beginning of the topic everybody only said about the 2D (that are actually mirrors) in the middle of the card. Nobody said anything about the quality of the cards!
And by the way nobody is forcing you to buy the cards! If you don't like them, don't buy them! But if you didn't bought the cards i think that you don't have the right to say: "they suck!" because there was a lot of work and hours put into these cards, and in my opinion they look great!
To conclude: If u don't like the cards don't buy them and stop inventing negative aspects of the cards!
PS: i am sorry for the grammar mistakes...if there are any:)
I really can't understand this logic at all. I hate the "U n00Bz CanT bE Mean cUZ deY SpeAnT HouRZ MakiNg dEM lolz". Of course I can critisize them even if I don't have them because I don't like the way they look. And it's not like DnD designed the cards, it was probably more like Si Scott coming up with different designs and DND just gave him suggestions. Whatever, I'm to sheepish to be in the topic of the holy Smoke and Mirrors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 10, 2008
TGM, Romania
dragon521,

1. I never said "U n00Bz CanT bE Mean cUZ deY SpeAnT HouRZ MakiNg dEM lolz" and i didn't mean it either. In my opinion, and it's my PERSONAL opinion, you shouldn't shout they suck unless you have them in your hands and see it:D
2. and 3. to be continued:D
PS: i am sorry for the grammar mistakes...if there are any

Aug 31, 2007
I've just ordered two of each, would have ordered 4 bricks if the Ds werent there though but im sure ill be happy.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
I see a funny pattern here. People complain about the D's. "THEY RUIN THE CARDS!" Then people order them anyway despite the fact they hate the look. Then all of a sudden "THESE CARDS ROCK! THEY LOOK SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER IN PERSON!" Then they write reviews to be able to be the first ones to do so yet those reviews mean nothing to me because they only had the cards for 2 hours yet they are writing reviews. ;) I won't lie I was planning on doing some first impressions, but people are already calling their first impressions actual reviews.:rolleyes:

-Doug

why did you quote my post? lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results