Smooth or fast?

Another random question that I just thought of. Lets say someone can do a flourish like super-fast and clean (no cards dropping, packets relatively neat). And then there is someone else who does it regular speed and super-smooth (focus on really exaggerating displays, packets move with nice rythym).

Which would you prefer to watch/do Smooth or Fast??\

Here is an example, the flourish in question is J5

Fast-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAjBzyyUAhQ

Smooth-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6y2x9lbs9s&feature=related

Jul 14, 2008
I would have to say smooth because when you do smooth and slow, gradually, it will increase the speed. Doing that so, it builds your muscle memory.

Sep 20, 2008
i thought the fast one was a bit meh. The Madonna Display seems a bit off and he wasnt that fast on the Leno.

Jordan owned that like a *****.

Check out his Pandora too. :)

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I always thought of flourishing like music... I play guitar and I used to try to do it fast and great, but my master always told me that just because I was very fast, doesn´t mean I´m playing well, he always told me that before run you must walk first and that some of the greatest guitarrists in history don´t play super-fast, they just play well and with feeling.

I agree that the flourishes look great fast, but I also agree that there are certain things that look better in a more slow and delicate way that super-fast...

eventually practice will give you speed but you´ll find out that are some flourishes that just look very good done slow and smooth and some just look great very fast

Jan 8, 2009
nowhere
*imo* just do flourishes that looks better if done fast, and the opposite if the stuff better performed smoothly and less of speed. :)

example :
fast - DnD's Flirt. what do you think if someone doing it real slow-mo. *rofl*
slow[wait i hate "slow", how about not really fast but smooth] - well you know, like d+M's guardian/butterfly.

but yeah if you can't get the difference or can't do it fast / smooth then begin to dislike fast motion well you just suck. :p

ps: i love brian tudor!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results