So, you are meeting this girl for the first time...

Jan 15, 2010
Thanks you guys for your advices, some are really pretty nasty, but! they are constructive nevertheless! and I totally appreciate it!

2 of my friends who are meeting me together with the girl knows that i'm a magician, and I promised to perform a trick or two to both of them! so now it would be a little 'unfair' to not let the girl involve with the trick no?

So that's my problem, I don't really know what tricks is suitable for me to show her, since both of us are meeting for the first time! of course I've never thought of using magic to make her interested in me or even worse to get laid! I just want to solely entertain my friends and her!

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Thanks you guys for your advices, some are really pretty nasty, but! they are constructive nevertheless! and I totally appreciate it!

2 of my friends who are meeting me together with the girl knows that i'm a magician, and I promised to perform a trick or two to both of them! so now it would be a little 'unfair' to not let the girl involve with the trick no?

So that's my problem, I don't really know what tricks is suitable for me to show her, since both of us are meeting for the first time! of course I've never thought of using magic to make her interested in me or even worse to get laid! I just want to solely entertain my friends and her!

Still... I suggest get away from cards. Normal people dont carry decks in their pockets. Yes you are a magician but it will still make you look odd.. Just perform something that is contextual. Self Tying Shoelace as suggested will work great. Elixir of Life is quite a "cute" one. Think out of the box.

and to Visualartist:
Nah... thats only a myth. Girls love... clowns. Scientifically proven... fact... yep...

Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
Well even if you would like to entertain them during the first time, i think it wont be suitable.(im talking from me and my friends experience)

Just spread the word that youre a magician, let the girl know that of course. And just sit back and relax. When time comes, she will just ask you to do magic for her, and thats your "show time". Make sure your tricks are not hardcore tricks like SICK by Sean field. Just make it "as sweet as possible" like youre doing kids magic.

And please, no card tricks. What! You wanna do a clipshift in front of a girl and make her go yeayea? C'mon, make somthing that you can have contact with her. Well me and my friend find that david stone rose production works the best for girls that you like.

Good luck with you and your girl!

Jan 15, 2010
Well even if you would like to entertain them during the first time, i think it wont be suitable.(im talking from me and my friends experience)

Just spread the word that youre a magician, let the girl know that of course. And just sit back and relax. When time comes, she will just ask you to do magic for her, and thats your "show time". Make sure your tricks are not hardcore tricks like SICK by Sean field. Just make it "as sweet as possible" like youre doing kids magic.

And please, no card tricks. What! You wanna do a clipshift in front of a girl and make her go yeayea? C'mon, make somthing that you can have contact with her. Well me and my friend find that david stone rose production works the best for girls that you like.

Good luck with you and your girl!

hmm rose production eh. I'm more of a card magic guy seriously =/
I really know nuts about other magic.

Okay from my repertoire, Other than card magic, I know
Bullet.
Crazy man Handcuffs.
Voodoo Lipstick ( lipstick markings appear in the fist of spectators)

And that's it! =/ That's all I know other than cards! :( So do you guys have any other reference which I can refer to? Preferable DVD! and will totally appreciate it for you guy's guidance!

Sep 2, 2007
Nova Scotia
if you ever get the time look into fire starters by jay sankey great Dvd. and if this is your first time meeting the girl then play it simple, 2 tricks simple and advanced.
you don't want to be her "magician" thats almost worse than being called her friend.

Depending on age a great line I always use for some girls (when they have to sign a card)

"Can you just sign the card on the face.. yep... name,, number,, all that important info." look up and do a light laugh.. work %100 percent of the time, she will laugh and then look u up and down no joke.

hope this was the info u wer lookin for.

ACE

Noooooooo, don't do anything dealing with magic. A big chance they will think you are a nerd since you do magic. Just take your presentational aspects and apply them to your real life. Eg. telling her if she is telling the truth or not. And extreme maybe some cold reading but that might not work.

As i said in another thread, i dated a girl for a few months when she found out i was a magician. Its not your tricks she has to be interested in, its your personality.

Mikk.

Jan 15, 2010
if you ever get the time look into fire starters by jay sankey great Dvd. and if this is your first time meeting the girl then play it simple, 2 tricks simple and advanced.
you don't want to be her "magician" thats almost worse than being called her friend.

Depending on age a great line I always use for some girls (when they have to sign a card)

"Can you just sign the card on the face.. yep... name,, number,, all that important info." look up and do a light laugh.. work %100 percent of the time, she will laugh and then look u up and down no joke.

hope this was the info u wer lookin for.

ACE
WOW, you are not only a magician but also damn good with girls ehhhh ^^.

Hahahaha, nice joke there! Guess it really will actually loosen up the situation at that point of time! hahaha!

Jan 15, 2010
Noooooooo, don't do anything dealing with magic. A big chance they will think you are a nerd since you do magic. Just take your presentational aspects and apply them to your real life. Eg. telling her if she is telling the truth or not. And extreme maybe some cold reading but that might not work.

As i said in another thread, i dated a girl for a few months when she found out i was a magician. Its not your tricks she has to be interested in, its your personality.

Mikk.

You got a point too, hmmm, maybe after the whole presentation I shall add something like, 'please throw your thoughts away that I'm a nerd, I'm a magician, I can read minds.' something like dat? lol.

I really disagree with the idea of performing magic to meet girls...
It might work in a bar when everyone is already having fun, but one a first date? with someone you barely know?
what she will most probably think is
"Hey theres the guy Im supposed to meet.
*after 10 minutes*
whys he taking a deck out? who carries a deck of cards in their pocket?
oh... hes a magician... great..."
The fact that you took out a deck of cards in the middle of a date just to show her magic makes you look a tad of a tryhard. As well as this, the tricks you perform arent related in any way. A card transposition, sandwich, and finally one which has a bit of connection. If you are determined to perform, atleast perform something fitting the situation and time. How bout performing a trick which seems on the spot and not "planned"... Alvo Stockman's material is good for that. Elixir of Life, Mixed Tape, BFF, etc. Mojo by John Kennedy might work well.
Just perform things which seem like
"Hey... I found out something interesting the other day.. green tea actually makes you blah blah blah and go on" instead of "Hey... so...heres my deck of cards...please pick a card... look, i know magic."

I agree and disagree with your post
*Women like to meet men who are different from the herd of other males.
* "Mystery is your friend" is a golden pick up rule
* I agree that we must not take out a deck of cards, we must do stuff with ordinary things.

I'm a happly married man of four years, and I've been with this girl for close to eight total if you count the years we dated. I never once did a single trick for her until after we were living together and she was there to see me practice.

Also, she(my wife) is the only girl I've ever dated that I didn't perform for in some capacity.

Just because something can be done doesn't necessarily mean that it should be done.

While there are plenty of other magicians out there that would argue against me, and support their arguments with product that has been released (Yes there is a pick up girls with magic DVD out there), I think there is just something so cheesy and superficial about using magic to land a date. It's important for her to know that you like magic, are a magician, and that this is a part of your life, but I draw the line at replacing a pickup line with the pulse trick. Because hey, 'My heart beats for you.' *Gag!*

Just my take.

Sep 2, 2007
Nova Scotia
stick with elastics, NO CARDS... and your not a nerd for doing magic so dont even put that thought in her head,

GriffinJay is right, dont do anything till the end, make it un planned "on the spot"
even if your friends ask to see one, tell them they can see one before you leave, and remember the number is not %100 meeting her again is, get that second date and you'll be golden.

and hahaha "A Pickup players confession" well said

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
You got a point too, hmmm, maybe after the whole presentation I shall add something like, 'please throw your thoughts away that I'm a nerd, I'm a magician, I can read minds.' something like dat? lol.

no....
that makes you look like an overly insecure geek who uses weird pick up lines

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert

Jesus, how old are you? 14?

Btw, Jay sankey dvd its a terrible option, you are asking advice about girls to a goofy bald guy who i'm pretty sure isn't married or has any attractive girls.

Bottom line, in my opinion, stay away from magic, and charm her with your personality, if you ever run out of things to say or things start to go akward, bust out a magic trick. And you don't have to do anything "special' just because you like her, treat her like any other spectator.

Either do that or crash and burn my friend.

EDIT::// Have you guys noticed that this guy whole worry about meeting the girl is what trick to use? or when to use it? I can't imagine him practicing the routine or the trick imagining the girl in front of him.

EDIT::// Sorry if i offended any 14 year old guys around here.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Jay sankey ... a goofy bald guy who i'm pretty sure isn't married or has any attractive girls.

Just FYI Sankey is married and has two daughters.

Just be yourself and show some confidence in who you are. If you do magic, and they want to see something, then go ahead and show something. Don't try and use it as a pick up tool, just show them your favorite and best stuff - just one or two things at most. Then spend the rest of the night asking here questions about herself.

j

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results