Some Original Music

Feb 15, 2008
Hey guys.

I've recently been on songwriting craze. The following is a sample of my music. Please bear in mind that they are prototypes and are NOT COMPLETE. Also, tell me if I'm 'subconsciously plagiarizing' another song. All is inspired by Dana Hocking's music, as well as the deceptive style of modern street magic :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQl5RfPF1hs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycwDihYbeQQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddCU0ObfJ08

Enjoy! Comments and Criticism is greatly appreciated!

RX

EDIT: Please don't use the music without my permission :)

Made on Garageband and a Piano

EDIT 2: Another one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tDWZPnCxeQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey man. I just had a quick listen to the first one, and I like it. I was just wondering, are you posting it here for advice or just for show? I do have some thoughts about the first one but I don't want it to feel like I'm criticising, especially if that's not what you're looking for. For example, I think it'd sound nice if you spent a little more time (two - three notes) when the tune goes up to the E and F, at the moment, I like the As and the Cs but they feel a little staccato perhaps. Then again, if you want something a little less flowey and more beat and jumpy, go ahead with this, depends on what you want ^^ Definitely can hear Dana influence in it haha. Nice work though, it sounds quite awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 15, 2008
Hey man. I just had a quick listen to the first one, and I like it. I was just wondering, are you posting it here for advice or just for show? I do have some thoughts about the first one but I don't want it to feel like I'm criticising, especially if that's not what you're looking for. For example, I think it'd sound nice if you spent a little more time (two - three notes) when the tune goes up to the E and F, at the moment, I like the As and the Cs but they feel a little staccato perhaps. Then again, if you want something a little less flowey and more beat and jumpy, go ahead with this, depends on what you want ^^ Definitely can hear Dana influence in it haha. Nice work though, it sounds quite awesome.

Thanks, mate! I didn't really get the E and F bit, though. Do you mean I should hold the E longer or something?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
No, but... Hold on lemme listen to that again...

Ok, Tumbleweed is right - at the moment, the tune goes up to the F, down to E then goes back to the A and C... At around 0:10, the second time it goes to the F, maybe if it went F E A F G F and then go back down? I just meant play around with leaving the tune in the upper pitches a little longer, especially when it's played twice in a row. ^^

Feb 15, 2008
No, but... Hold on lemme listen to that again...

Ok, Tumbleweed is right - at the moment, the tune goes up to the F, down to E then goes back to the A and C... At around 0:10, the second time it goes to the F, maybe if it went F E A F G F and then go back down? I just meant play around with leaving the tune in the upper pitches a little longer, especially when it's played twice in a row. ^^

Oh ok I think I get the idea... I'll try my BEST to improve the songs. Thanks for the advise!

Mar 19, 2008
My place!
i really liked it. i also make music and i play the guitar viola. man we almost got ourselves a th11 quartet! and we certanily have active musical knowledge

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Really liked them all, especially 1001. My only criticism really would be with BreakDownStreet, in saying that there's too many pauses. You lose a little of the flowing nature of the tune, which is a shame. Still, very nice. Well done on all three.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
On BreakDownStreet change the ending a little bit. Instead of it just ending do a snare drum solo ending with a loud symbol and piano chord.

Other than that and a few other things you have some pretty solid stuff.

-Michael

Feb 15, 2008
Really liked them all, especially 1001. My only criticism really would be with BreakDownStreet, in saying that there's too many pauses. You lose a little of the flowing nature of the tune, which is a shame. Still, very nice. Well done on all three.

I think the pauses in the intro of BreakDown gives it some touch, but IDK. I'll consider removing the pauses. Thanks for the advise, everyone!

1001s are my fav too :D

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I think the pauses in the intro of BreakDown gives it some touch, but IDK. I'll consider removing the pauses. Thanks for the advise, everyone!

1001s are my fav too :D

I agree about the pauses to a certain extent, but I think a little too much of it is pause. Still, it may be a matter of opinion...

May 18, 2008
Out of curiosity and not to sound rude, but are the drum loops of your own creation or are they royalty free? They all sound good though and I will post more feedback when I'm not using my iPod.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results