Spin by Matt Sconce

Nov 5, 2007
There are no Angle issues per say. You can do this surrounded :cool: It is an effect that you can learn in five minutes but really needs a lot of practice to give it that magical look.

Spend 3 days working on it and you will be rewarded. Its a very old principle that Mr. Sconce puts a new "Spin" on =) I have been working with it for about a day now. And I feel that I will be able to preform it for someone by Thursday at a New Years party.

Again this effect will appear as REAL magic to a laymen. Very Nicely done.

-Altrez

Thanks Altrez! Glad it you enjoy the effect. I like what you mention about the practice for SPIN. Taking the time to practice this effect makes it shine. Best wishes! -Matt Sconce:)

Nov 5, 2007
I know sometimes, when an effect is released, people doubt the transparency of the trailer or think maybe the trick is over-hyped. I wanted to post this comment from the Cafe to let you know the reaction of someone who wondered if what they saw would actually work. The entire post is in the review section of this forum:

"This is excellent. I've used this principle a lot, and experimented with it quite a bit. Matt's advances in both preparation and execution are the best I've come across. The kitchen knife in particular blew me away. I saw it and thought, "Oh come on, that'll never work." Walked into my kitchen, and a few minutes later, walked back out a believer. Nice work, Mr. Sconce. Now I'm keeping an eye out for what other things I can spin..."-Quote from Quinn from the Cafe

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Can someone please tell me how long the setup takes. Because I already know the method (learned it in some random video a few months ago on the internet, the guy used a straw). And don't know how to setup the object without the spectator easily seeing what I'm doing. So would it be worth it to buy this even though I already know the method?

mark.efferent

Setup is, roughly, 2 to 5 seconds, depending. You can do this right in front of people. As I mentioned in my review here, I've set this up at a restaurant table in front of a half dozen people and performed it, just so I could watch them all fall silent and stare.

Oh yes, and totally worth it.

Can someone please tell me how long the setup takes. Because I already know the method (learned it in some random video a few months ago on the internet, the guy used a straw). And don't know how to setup the object without the spectator easily seeing what I'm doing. So would it be worth it to buy this even though I already know the method?

mark.efferent

Without beating a dead horse and merely making you aware of how bad your question actually is just a footnote you purchase a good effect to learn not just the method but the experience along with the effect and the alternative handlings. Alot more is put into a project other than telling you a secret or atleast it should be, give it a whirl and just hit that buy now button and learn something more than just the secret to the effect trust me you'll be glad you did.

Happy New Years!

Apr 22, 2009
Cool. I might just get it.

P.S. I wouldn't know if the question was bad or not unless I had asked it ;)

Thanks
mark.efferent

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results