Spin by Matt Sconce?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Theres a thread in this section on page 3. Also, look at the review in the review section.

I think you'll find the answer to most of the information your seeking on those pages.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
hey guys I just saw this on Ellusionist and wanted to know if it is worth it
if so is it really gimickless???

heres the link to the page
http://www.ellusionist.com/spin-by-matt-sconce.html

uhhh, I hate when people ask if there is a gimmick when it says in the trailer that there are no gimmicks. Infact it's the first thing that they say, I mean come on.
They're not going to advertise something and then it be something else, that's illegal. Yes it is gimmickless, I don't own it but I know there are no gimmicks because it said no gimmicks.

Nov 5, 2007
Here are some thing people are spinning that rock.

Credit cards

Bic Lighters

all the things I spin in the video.

A hammer...yep, you can SPIN a hammer. -Matt Sconce

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Has this issue been posted anywhere? I have had other magicians say the same thing at my club meeting that this is way too close to Motion but I have not purchased either so I am not making any points that I cannot back up.

Maybe Matt has mentioned this somewhere and I just haven't searched or heard enough about it. If so I apologize.

Nov 5, 2007
This has been discussed on the cafe, and I believe I can post this response without exposing the method to those who do not know Motion or SPIN.

SPIN credits several effects within it including Motion and stands on their shoulders as a journey into how far to push an old method. SPIN is a way to "SPIN" large objects and objects people would never think to move, with your "mind", many times causing them to spin quite rapidly. It happens to also be able to move a pen as one of the many things you can move.

Think of it not as a new effect, but an exploration that pushes the limits of the old method to see how far it can go, including new "force technique" "Setting it free" and routining ideas, with all credit given where it is due. I hope that helps. Best wishes! -Matt Sconce

Nov 5, 2007
I was at a birthday party the other day and there was a very long and large cutting knife. I picked it up, prepared it then called everyone's attention to it as I set it on top of a smooth surface (Large sparkling water bottle with metal cap)
I used the force start and slowly...slowly, the knife began to move. It built up speed and after several rotations, I dropped my hands to my side as the knife continued to spin through 2 more revolutions with my hands nowhere near it. That is what you can do when you use the force start, move larger items, and set them free. practice it until you believe it yourself, then you are ready to perform it. -Matt

Apr 27, 2009
I was at a birthday party the other day and there was a very long and large cutting knife. I picked it up, prepared it then called everyone's attention to it as I set it on top of a smooth surface (Large sparkling water bottle with metal cap)
I used the force start and slowly...slowly, the knife began to move. It built up speed and after several rotations, I dropped my hands to my side as the knife continued to spin through 2 more revolutions with my hands nowhere near it. That is what you can do when you use the force start, move larger items, and set them free. practice it until you believe it yourself, then you are ready to perform it. -Matt

...and this is the direct and pure yway, which you can go with SPIN!
You see the object, you see theright surface, and baam, directly and powerful magic "in their face".

Feb 5, 2010
I really enjoyed this effect. It was my first PK purchase. And i get great reactions from it. even after i said there was nothing on the pen they still thought i was blowing on it or pulling a thread. they even grabbed it while i was spinning it just to check and make sure. lol.

Nov 5, 2007
I really enjoyed this effect. It was my first PK purchase. And i get great reactions from it. even after i said there was nothing on the pen they still thought i was blowing on it or pulling a thread. they even grabbed it while i was spinning it just to check and make sure. lol.

I am glad you are enjoying SPIN! I love the reactions it gets. Thanks for posting your experience! -Matt Sconce

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results