Strangest/coolest experience while performing

What was the strangest and/or coolest experience while performing? Mine was my very first performance. It was morning and classes haven't started yet so it was just me and few friends haning out in my drama teachers classroom. Then some random girl just walked in came right up to me and asked me to show her a trick, and at first I was like "how did you know I do magic?" and replied saying that my best friend apparently told everyone he knew about ow awesome of a magician I was, and I took a look at him and he just had a guilty smile on his face. So I performed two card Monte for her and she flipped! It was probably the coolest experience I ever had, and when she left I heard her talking with some other people saying how I did some amazing magic trick. It is definitely something I won't forget.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Magically it wasn't too creative or amazingly, but situationally, it was quite amazing.

I was doing magic in the VIP room for the anniversary party of a group called "Hafu" (a group of Half-Japanese people living in Tokyo). I was doing a regular set, and right as I am about to go into Stigmata (I usually never do this trick, but just put it in there for the night), David Hasselhoff walked in!!! yes... at a random night club in Tokyo. So I performed Stigmata on him and he kinda went nuts!

Good times!

Here is a pic of after the performance.

davidandI.jpg

My strangest story comes not in the form of a presentation experience, but what happened there after. I was working on the street busking at a Marina in Long Beach, CA and after I was done I gave my usual hat line.

Some woman comes out of my audience and tosses a small, square, plastic packet into my tip hat. Of course you know what was going through my mind, as the only thing that comes packaged in small plastic wallet sized squares is well.. you know. So I was very pleasantly shocked to find that it was a personal one shot use of sun screen. It was the most thoughtful tip I had ever received (it was in the 90's that day), and to this day it sits on my trophy shelf because of the bizarreness of how I received it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
So last December, I went to a new years party and I was doing some magic. So I was with this group of people for a bit of time now, so I decided that I needed to just do one last trick and leave on that. So I performed French Kiss. When she took the card out of her mouth, the clock struck midnight. And the group screamed (not because of the new year). It was so perfectly timed and they were freaking out. But nobody even noticed them that much because everyone was screaming and stuff.

Jan 31, 2010
2 things: I did a trick where the back of the card changes from blue to red, and while my friend (a normally very logical person) didn't buy the card changing color 'by magic,' he thought I spraypainted it or used a marker to color it in.

I also pulled the hail mary of all 'think of a card' tricks. My friends and I were playing cards, and one of them looks at me and just flat out asks, "What card am I thinking of?" Obviously I have zero idea, but I just look him in the eye and said Jack of Clubs. His jaw dropped. I was laughing too hard at the pure luck of it all to pass it off as intentional, but I'll remember the moment forever.

Jul 3, 2011
Oregon
Last week I was just messing around with some cards with a few of my friends and I had one of my friends think of any card while I was shuffling the cards (no controls, no peeking, completely at random). Say they picked the 7 of clubs, I would then turn over the top card of the deck, maybe the king of hearts. Then I would explain that the king represented the number 13, so I would count down 13 cards from the top. The thirteenth card just happened to be the 7 of clubs. I did this three times without controlling the cards or doing any sleight of hand. My friends were just speechless, and I was just laughing at my amazing luck.

I have no idea how I did it.

I walked up to some kid eating nachos and started performing for him and he just sort of had this happy smile on his face, I saw him later and he waved to me like we were best friends.

I performed for this little girl and she Thought I was terrible because I "messed up" the trick and I fixed it with magic... She have me a huge smile.

These were my favorite performances. You could see the magic in these kids eyes it was great!

Aug 17, 2010
At a busker fest in June, between shows a 3 year old kid comes up to me, and his father explains that he "thought the magician might be thirsty" so he gave me a juice box.

A strange one for me, I was once performing magic at a mall in my city when I came up to a lady asking permission to perform a magic trick for her. I was holding a balloon with the intentions to perform Pressure when she yelled at me that she was deathly allergic to balloons and literally ran down the mall away from me...not good.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
A strange one for me, I was once performing magic at a mall in my city when I came up to a lady asking permission to perform a magic trick for her. I was holding a balloon with the intentions to perform Pressure when she yelled at me that she was deathly allergic to balloons and literally ran down the mall away from me...not good.

She must have been the life of the party...

No, just joking. But seriously, that is weird.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
I was at my local brick and mortar magic shop and 2 rowdy "chavs" (Basically thugs) came in and started throwing some stuff on the floor and mouthing off. Not intimidating for me, they were half my size, but the owner of the store is in his 70's and his wife was there too, same age.

So they were starting to mess up the shelves and were being mouthy thinking they were cool, they came up to me saying "Show us a f*cking trick then". I got one of them to sign a card, I lost it in the deck then did a Twirl change to reveal it on them. They froze, giggled a little bit, looked at each other and then walked out. End of. The spectacular thing was, the guy actually knew how to spell his own name "James". Now, that stunned me.

Anyway, nothing spectacular but a good example of using magic to diffuse a potentially volatile situation.

Lloyd.

Mar 15, 2011
For me, it was showing one of my friends my coin bend, it was a new routine and it happened recently, so I didnt expect any kind of big reaction........boy was I wrong. As he saw the coin start to bend he flipped, and started shouting and screaming NO WAY, I laughed so hard, I collapsed on his couch! I'll probably remember that forever :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results