strike and push off bottom deal

May 23, 2010
Excuseme friends what is the difference between the stike and push off bottom deal ??
Is it true that in the strike bottom deal there is not the third finger job to deal the bottom card.
In this video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgT1aJd-khI ) I have seen that the bottom card is not pushed off by the third finger like Erdnase explain in his book. I'm a little confused !!!!!!!

May 23, 2010
ok so could you tell me if exists some bottom deal where is not used the third finger job but however using the erdnase grip ??

Nov 7, 2009
Paris, France
Well I believe Gene Maze's bottom deal is what you seek. From a slightly modified Erdnase grip, and with no loosening action, the card from the bottom shall be sailed.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The method in ECT that I spoke of uses no loosening action. It is, I guess, a strike bottom. The grip is similar to Erdnase, I think, but I really haven't studied the move much since I've been focusing on Erdnase's version for now. The tip off in this video is actually the positioning of his right fingers.

I could be wrong, though. I'm certainly no expert on such matters.

Aug 18, 2013
The method in ECT that I spoke of uses no loosening action. It is, I guess, a strike bottom. The grip is similar to Erdnase, I think, but I really haven't studied the move much since I've been focusing on Erdnase's version for now. The tip off in this video is actually the positioning of his right fingers.

I could be wrong, though. I'm certainly no expert on such matters.
Actualy its more like mechanics grip.

Sep 27, 2013
If you would like to see an interesting strike bottom, check out Ben Earl's work in Past Midnight. I haven't seen the video in quite sometime, but he does teach a strike bottom that you can do from an unsquared deck (something that the push-off doesn't allow). It uses no third finger action from the left hand whatsoever. I hope this helps, and happy dealing!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results