Submitting A Trick

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Moore, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Ok, so I am finally ready to start filming my trick. So the question is, do I or do I not post it on Youtube? Someone said that its T11 policy that you dont, yet it says under "Submit a Trick" to post the url or link to your video via Youtube, Vimeo, etc showing it in action. So which is it? Do I post it on Youtube or not?

2. I would post it on Vimeo, but I don't know...

3. Post it on youtube, but keep it unlisted. That way only people with the link can access it.

4. Hey Moore! Thanks for the question. The best way to do this is to post it to YouTube but mark it as unlisted (so no one else can see).

Best,
    Dan

5. Is a video of an 'Effect' needed? as i have many Created Effects.. but no camera to film them... can we submit written text? and will that be considered on an 'Unbiased Level'?

or does one need a video submitted

6. I think you should have a video. It would really help sell the trick. Film them on a cell phone, I'm pretty sure you have one. Don't freak out about the video quality, any video is better than no video. :)

7. I Actually don't use a Mobile Phone... i'm not keen on this 'Advancing Technology'.. i hardly use a computer

8. Well then, I don't know what to tell you haha. Make sure your desription is very in-depth and clear. :)

9. You could always ask a friend to film it on their phone or camera. That way you don't have to worry about you fidgeting with the camera so much trying to make sure it sees the trick.

10. Thanks Dan! Ok, so I submitted my trick. About how long does it usually take to get a response back as to wether they would like to use your idea or not?

11. #11 greenstickman, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
    Okay I have a question related to the not posting your trick on the internet policy thing. Suppose I have a trick that I might want to eventually submit. Am I allowed to perform this trick out on the streets and still be able to submit the trick? Or not since I guess the idea is to keep the trick a secret until submitting it? Also another question when submitting a trick do we just submit a video of the effect, or do we submit a video of the effect and the tutorial on how to do it?

12. Don't quote me on this, but I don't think that they will give you a response unless they actually like the trick.

-blake.